cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can you separate mine and my friends phone bills as i pay mine on time and she d

Gemmadean415
Explorer

Can you separate mine and my friends bills into two separate ones as I pay mine on time and she doesn't and its not fair to cut my phone off when I've paid mine 

5 REPLIES 5
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Gemmadean415 

Welcome to the EE Community,

the only way to separate them would be to do a change of ownership it would be subject to credit check your friend  would then become responsible for the contract.

Thanks,

David.

@Gemmadean415  it’s on the same account so unless the bill is paid you’ll be cut off.   The bill is the whole amount not just the cost per tariff on the account.  You and your friend agreed to have one account with 2 contracts on that account,  who ever is the named person on that account is responsible for the payment of the whole bill not just their own tariff.  This is a perfect example of why you don’t do this. 

Gemmadean415
Explorer

Is it possible to just suspend my friends account as I've paid my share of the bill but she hasnt ?

Hi @Gemmadean415 

From the sounds of your post, you and your friend are on a shared pay-monthly billing account, on which both phones have been suspended due to non-payment. You've not explained specifically, but that sounds like your situation.

If that is the case, then both phones will be un-suspended once the required payment is made.

It's the EE account holder that is also responsible for this being done, regardless of who may be using an individual phone.

Hi @Gemmadean415 ,

The account belongs to the person whose name and address shows on the account.

If the account is behind on payments, the person named on the account, and no other person, is responsible for this situation.

The account holder may need to recover amounts from a third party if that third party has agreed to reimburse the account holder but has not.

If the account holder has difficulties in making payments, this needs to be discussed with EE as soon as possible to find a solution.

I believe you've provided further details in an older post: https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/My-bills/Can-you-separate-mine-and-my-friends-phone-bills-as-i-pay-min...

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net