cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Exchange my device but keep contract

tinyovo21
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I recently upgraded to a iPhone 12 but the iPhone 13 is coming out in a few days. As I am still in the 14 day cooling off period, am I able to exchange my device and keep my contract?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@tinyovo21 you will be reverted back to your original contract and then you will need to upgrade again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @tinyovo21 

The answer depends whether you upgraded in a retail store or via a telesales/online route.

If you performed this upgrade via a telesales/online method, then you have a statutory "change of mind" right of return which allows you to cancel the order within 14days. You can then order whatever it is you do want.

No such right of return exists with retail store purchases.

Hi,

I upgraded online.

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @tinyovo21 

you can return the device and you will be rolled back to your original contract.

Thank you,

Will I still be able to change my device to the new iPhone 13 when it is available and keep my current contract. Or will I revert back to my original one and have to upgrade again??

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@tinyovo21 you will be reverted back to your original contract and then you will need to upgrade again.

Thank you!

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@tinyovo21 your welcome if you need any further help in the future visit us here on the community 🙂