cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Does EE support transfer of eSIM as part of the Quick Start setup process?

matt55
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210655

It'd be sure nice to not have to pay EE for a QR code when switching phones..

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@matt55   You’ll need a sim before using the QR code.  The information that goes on the eSim comes from the SIM card not the QR code.  

matt55
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I already have an eSIM activated on my current iPhone, thinking of moving to the 13 Pro and saw there was an option to transfer as part of the setup process.

inspectorgadjet
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Even if they haven’t enabled the eSim transfer for quick start yet, at least we get the eSim delivered instantly by email now instead of needing an eSim pack. It still costs 50P though.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/SIM-cards/Apple-transfer-esim-the-easy-way/m-p/1043206#M21178

slunat
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I asked about this in store today as im in the same boat. They said "it should just transfer over" so I assume it will go across once we set the phone up. No idea how it works but sounds like it shouldn't be a faff if the person I spoke to was right.

matt55
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'll be picking my 13 Pro from Apple this morning so will test it.  If it transfers as it should do as part of the setup process, then brilliant. 

Otherwise, I'll see it as EE trying to squeeze another penny out of me for something that they can provide for free. 

I mean, QR codes shouldn't cost anything to generate and email out, or even generate via the myEE app, it's cheaper than getting them to send a card out to me as it's a physical something they need to dispatch..

Does it cost to get an eSIM at an EE store? Or do they also charge 50p for the privledge?

matt55
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for nothing, EE.

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 15.45.49.png

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Matt5

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Are you still receiving this error?

Katie 🙂

uvarvu
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I received that error so I ponied up the 50p fee to transfer via the app.   It’s not on to be honest, EE should just add support and be done with it.

EDIT:  Same thing applies to the watch data plan when moving to another phone.