cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Disgusting Price Increase!

Cookyweb
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've just had the email that you are now cashing in on the cost of living crisis by smashing a massive 14.4 % increase on my bill.

Its absolutely disgusting, at a time when people are struggling to eat and heat their homes you decide to hit us with that ridiculous increase, not just a few % you up it by 14.4%

Its sick and I'll never be using EE again when this contract ends, I'll also be going out of my way to warn other people from using you, there's absolutely no justification in a hike like that, its pure greed and you should be ashamed.

You're a disgrace!

585 REPLIES 585

I asked for them to be separated but was told an outright “no”. Sky and O2 separate them, I don’t understand why EE don’t do this as standard. Oh yea, it’s so they can increase the whole tariff. It would t be difficult for them to be honest about the increase, or appear to be more helpful and increase by a lower amount. Thousands of customers haven’t received a coat of living rise and would be interesting to know how much of a rise their staff have received. 

And  yes I’m fully aware this happened in April.

This thread has been going on since February 2023. What does
referencing April have to do with anything?

I left EE Mobile and EE Broadband having taken them to the Ombudsman as
they tried to wriggle every which way they could. I now get a sense of
enormous well-being every morning, knowing that they no longer get a penny
of my money and never will.

Paulg0
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The lesson to be learned here is to buy your handset upfront from manufacturer or retailer and then get a cheap sim only deal.

im currently paying £12 a month on a 12 month Vodafone contract for full speed 5G. No or your silly watered down speed limited 24 month price increasing every April EE rubbish. If my price does go up in April I will leave and rejoin.

Paul

L91
Contributor
Contributor

EE also chose to add seperate 4% yearly increase clause on top of standard inflation after April 2020/2021. So even if there was only 2% standard inflation, EE are guaranteeing an additional 4~8% of total contact costs. They are also using shady practices like increasing broadband and sim only contacts to 24 months (sim only plans are all terrible), so customers pay more inflation. This is why I left EE broadband and went with 18 month agreement with Sky. I'll also be leaving EE mobile in 2025 and going with 30 day rolling sim and buying my handset interest free through retailer or manufacturer over 24 month's. I'd recommend everyone to complain to offcom about paying inflation on both handset and airtime cost. Inflation is meant to cover service charges as device costs don't change after point of sale. EE have also recently changed their mobile contracts to split airtime and device cost as they know what's coming. I've noticed they've not yet done this with tablets or other devices, and may not as those are wildly overpriced vs attual device costs. We'll see if other devices follow suit, I guess. EE is an extremely greedy brand, all they care about is bottom line, regardless of the impact to customers or customer hardship. I fully expect offcom limit inflation to airtime only and remove ability to add increase clauses like 4% EE have tacked on. 

I've been following this thread for nearly a year, after a bad experience with EE, ombudsman do nothing..I have definitely learnt not to get a contract phone, SIM only this time, roll on October 2024!

i have been with EE since 2013. in January i renewed my phone and contract at an agreed price of £71 per month.

2 an a half weeks  later, and strangely just outside the return window of 14 days you put the price up by a full £10 per month blaming inflation.

all you get from anyone at EE is " its the cost of inflation" no its the price of you ripping off customers who are stuck in a 2 year contract

your a joke of a rip off company. 

@jerryplews As you’ve been with EE for so long it’ll not be your first yearly price increase.  Not sure what you’re upset about as you knew when you agreed to the contract about yearly price increases and its happened to all the contracts you’ve had prior to this one.   And the price increase was the beginning of April so you would have been well past the 14 day cooling off period if you took this out in January.  

Never an increase of that much and the notification came just after cooling off time.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Doge
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I cannot wait for the day the courts decide that EE was applying that 14% to the handset "loan" as part of the monthly plan charge. Apply interest changes to an agreed loan on the grounds the device is part of a service fee will be challenged and there will be a payout down the line. Meanwhile I am switching to a provider that separates the service charge from the handset cost because annual increase does not apply to an already purchased product.

Andy_65
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Doge  EE does separate the call package from the handset cost and has done for some significant time, for at least 18 months to my knowledge.

If you don't like the terms of the contract why sign up for it in the first place? It's made perfectly clear when a customer either upgrades or takes out a new contract.