cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Disgusting Price Increase!

Cookyweb
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've just had the email that you are now cashing in on the cost of living crisis by smashing a massive 14.4 % increase on my bill.

Its absolutely disgusting, at a time when people are struggling to eat and heat their homes you decide to hit us with that ridiculous increase, not just a few % you up it by 14.4%

Its sick and I'll never be using EE again when this contract ends, I'll also be going out of my way to warn other people from using you, there's absolutely no justification in a hike like that, its pure greed and you should be ashamed.

You're a disgrace!

585 REPLIES 585

Customer for a long time, since the days of One2One - I left 2 weeks ago because;
1) my bill rose 25% over 2 years - despite the fact the cost of supplying phone didn't increase retrospectively. PPI claim in the making there. Sharp practice. 

2) they might now now split airtime & phone - but in the process, completely gouge the customers' eyes out.
Prices are a ripoff.

3) if I didn't sign a new contract, they said my tariff would go up £10 at end of contract, to nearly £50 for just 10GB of data. That was the final straw, with a phone paid off, 10gb isn't that price. The initial reply was 'promotions ended'; subsequently backing down & saying they had made a mistake & offered 25gb for £10.

Too late, gone to O2, sim only. 25GB for £8 a month & already had 2 bacon rolls costing £5.50 from their rewards in the first fortnight. Sim free S23 Ultra from Student Samsung the other month for £679.

uvarvu
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Our new pricing structure for the future (bt.com)

A step in the right direction but still not great.    There should be ZERO increases across the entire duration of the contract.   Hopefully that will happen as well.

Completely agree with you – either no increase whatsoever during contract or the customer should have the right to terminate with no penalty if there is an increase.

As to the argument that their costs go up during the contract period when there is higher inflation: nobody is forcing them to offer 24 month long contracts.

Not going to bother me anyway now though – I have today cancelled the remaining service I had with them – I’ve been a customer of theirs, or their predecessors, since c. 2004, but I won’t be back.

In a way I’m glad that they pushed their massive increase through, since it made me look at other options, and I’ve reduced my monthly spend by a factor of 4 by moving away from them.
Wilderness2k
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So not even a year later and it’s another 7.9% increase. The CPI rate of inflation is 4% and you’ve very nearly doubled it to get yourself a little extra 3.9% whilst rubbing your grubby, greedy little hands.

EE are shameful and embarrassing. I have been upgrading annually now for 8 years, and I’m glad I didn’t this time when the newest iPhone came out. I WILL be leaving once my contract is finished as I’m sure many people will when they cotton on to just how GREEDY EE have become (grEEd lol) 

0/10 from EE. Vile behaviour, taking advantage of customers during the living crisis.

@Wilderness2k   You sound like you’re not aware that other networks do this and it’s not just EE and one network last year had an increase of over 17%.    

WS1995
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

You sound like one of those disillusioned people who thinks something is “Ok” because “Everybody does it”.

Nobody here cares that other mobile phone network providers are whipping their prices up…. Because these people are with EE!!! 

Your logic is entirely flawed also, I guarantee you these exact same comments and complaints are being made to the other phone networks who have sky rocketed prices over the last 18 months.

What EE (and other networks) are doing is called profiteering. Profiteering at its finest when people are literally struggling to pay basic bills, people I know are choosing between heating their homes on a freezing cold night or eating that night. 

Well said. Whataboutery is not an argument. They get away with it because the regulator is toothless and the Government couldn't give a damn.

Wilderness2k
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Irrelevant.

17% is better than the 23.4% increase from EE.

confused? Let’s break it down:

£100 bill. 100 + 14.4% increase from LESS THAN one year ago = £114.40.

£144.40 + 7.9% increase from today’s rise = £123.43

With all your EE-**bleep** riding you’ve been doing, you’ve probably got a little bit or cream that EE take off for themselves all over your face. But hey, gotta protect the multimillion business!

Lol 🤣