cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Credit Score after applying for EE accounts

PaulD2
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I am looking for some help or advice. 

Ive had a great score credit score all my life, this week I went to see about a loan for a new car. I’ve never been refused credit once before.

I was advised at this time I wouldn’t be accepted for a loan. Which was bemusing. 

after looking through my credit score on ClearScore - EE ran 2 credit checks on me and knocked over 200 points off my score. 

I through a 3rd party ordered a new phone. A week later after no update I cancelled the deal/contract. I then ordered  the same phone from another 3rd party and instead of using the credit score reference I gave them they ran their own check. 

Is there anyway EE can retract/delete one of the credit checks they ran on me? The phones were ordered with in a few days of each other so there was no need for 2 separate checks. 

I am absolutely gutted as it’s plummeted my credit score from ‘very good’ to ‘very poor’ and I can’t get a loan for the new car I wanted to buy!!

i didn’t default on a payment or refuse to pay anything! 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@PaulD2   you used two different companies to take out a contract and you will be credit checked every time you try and take out a new contract even if you then cancel one of them,  That other company will not go by what you want them to do just because you can give them information based on your last credit check.     EE can not remove anything from your credit score as you got credit checked twice because this was your own doing and different companies use different credit checks when you try and get something on credit.   This will update in due time and nothing can be done to remove one of the credit checks from your credit score. 

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. 

I understand all you have said. However it was EE who ran the checks not the 2 different third party companies! 

The department at EE who run the checks already ran me a few days earlier so had no need to run an additional check, regardless of what company I wanted the phone from. As they already had that results! 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @PaulD2

You could try speaking to our Mobile Care team. They'll do their best to help you.

Chris

Thank you. I’ll try giving them a call tomorrow.