cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Contract ended 10 months ago

Narnie
Visitor

Contact ended 10 months ago and I didn’t realise as I have been paying for my contract as normal.

called EE to discuss as my handset was paid of in January so asked them when they sent me notifications as I have not had any emails or text (they advised sent form their system). Won’t refunded me any of the handset money I have overpaid totalling to £470. I understand you need to get a sim only contract when it expire as I did this with my watch but wasn’t aware my phone contract had ended.

I understand contracts are in place but surely if one has ended then they shouldn’t keep taking payment for something that’s paid off? Is their nothing that can be done? 

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Narnie 

Your contract doesn't end unless you end it by giving 30 days notice.

What ends is your minimum contract term. The monthly fee won't change unless you upgrade/downgrade as your contract is fixed. 

EE don't discount your contract becase you've paid off your phone. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Narnie ,

I would highly recommend to check whether the "Out of Contract" discount was applied in accordance with https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/managing-and-using-my-account/leaving-ee/end-of-contract-notification... and requesting it to be backdated if it was not.

More generally, Ofcom is aware of the issue of unfairness where a customer's contract cost is increased with the cost of the device but customers could end up paying many multiples of times the cost of the device as compared with a SIM-only arrangement. Personally I refuse to purchase handsets from service providers but primarily for other reasons.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/new-measures-fairness-for-mobi...

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Narnie  Providing you get the 10% discount applied to your monthly bill 3 months after your minimum term period than that’s all that needs to happen from EEs side.   It’s not EE responsibility to inform you when your contract has reached its minimum term as this is shown within your EE account.  And if EE did actually finish/terminate your account at the contract term you’ll be cut off straight the way even if you was out of the UK and now just imagine how upset you would be of that happened.    If your responsibility to to know what the minimum term is reached and it’s in the T&Cs of your contract on what happens when the minimum term is reached.