cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Apple Watch won’t automatically switch to cellular when away from my iPhone

DX7
Investigator
Investigator

If I leave the house without my iPhone my iWatch series 6 cellular shows “Disconnected” and does not automatically switch over to the EE network.

This can easily be replicated by switching my phone to Airplane mode and then switching off WiFi on the watch.

The only solution I can find is to go into Settings/Mobile Data on the watch, wait for the status to say connected to EE then exit. Sometimes even when it says connected in Mobile Data the watch remains disconnected and I have to switch it off and on again.  Once I’ve done this it seems okay for the rest of the day.

Both watch and phone are on the latest software (7.1 and 14.2).

This is fast becoming a pain.
Is anyone else having this problem?

More importantly does anyone have a solution?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @DX7

In this case, I would suggest getting in touch with our Tech Gurus on 150, they will be able to get this looked into further and run through some troubleshooting with you.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T

Hi @DX7

Thanks for coming to the community.

Did you purchase the Apple Watch from EE or a third party?

Has this worked previously for you?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,  

The watch was a gift but I’m guessing third party.

I’ve only had the watch a couple of weeks and it’s always been like that.

I assume that when not connected to a phone or WiFi, the cellular part should kick in automatically but there seems to be an issue handing over from WiFi to Cellular (EE).  

The mobile signal is fine and after manually going into watch settings as I described in my original post it connects with 4 blobs and the connection to either phone, WiFi or cellular then works great until I take the watch off or put it in airplane mode. Every time I put my watch back on, I have to go to watch/settings/mobile data and let it check the status with EE before it will connect to cellular.

Could this be a watchOS thing or an EE settings thing?

Any advice would be welcome!

Leanne_T

Hi @DX7

Thanks for coming back to me.

Do you have the smart watch plan for £7.00 to use your phone's calls and text allowance and have 10GB of data for the watch?

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

Yes I do.

As I mentioned, everything works fine but the watch does not automatically switch to cellular without manual

intervention each time I put the watch on.

Leanne_T

Thanks @DX7

In this case, I would suggest getting in touch with our Tech Gurus on 150, they will be able to get this looked into further and run through some troubleshooting with you.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

I got in touch with your Tech Gurus and then Level 2 support.

It took a couple of days and some lengthy calls but I think the issue is resolved now.

Thanks very much to you and the team for sorting this out.

Leanne_T

Hi @DX7

Thanks for coming back and letting me know.

Glad to hear this is all sorted for you 🙂

Have a lovely day.

Leanne.