cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Applewatch sim only

Mcfly74
Investigator
Investigator

I have just bought an AppleWatch series 7 with GPS/Cellular.

My main phone provider is 3, and my iPhone 11 is a giffgaff PAYG.

Can i do an Esim only for the apple watch on EE without having a sim already with them?

I have seen some posts saying £7 pm for 10gig etc, but I am confused whether or not this is existing customers only.

Thanks in advance. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Forgot to mention on my last post. The iPhone needs to be on either a pay monthly contract or have a sim only contract used on it. The cellular feature of the Apple Watch will not work with iPhone's that are on pay as you go unfortunately. 

If you were willing to have a sim only contract for the iPhone with EE, then you would be able to use the cellular feature/£7 per month plan for this Apple Watch feature. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

When you use the cellular feature on the Apple Watch (which is £7 per month for the plan) you need to have an iPhone which is on the same network. 

So what you are wanting to do is not possible. 

The Giffgaff PAYG can be swapped over no problem.

So if i have an EE payg I can have the £7 option then?

Forgot to mention on my last post. The iPhone needs to be on either a pay monthly contract or have a sim only contract used on it. The cellular feature of the Apple Watch will not work with iPhone's that are on pay as you go unfortunately. 

If you were willing to have a sim only contract for the iPhone with EE, then you would be able to use the cellular feature/£7 per month plan for this Apple Watch feature. 

ah right so I need a sim only plan plus and additional fee of £7 on top? Wow nobody mentions this .

Quite pricey for something that I may not use lots.

@Mcfly74 wrote:

ah right so I need a sim only plan plus and additional fee of £7 on top? Wow nobody mentions this .

Quite pricey for something that I may not use lots.

Yes that's correct. 

Sal09
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Mcfly74 I said the same at first and was debating between GPS Only Watch or both Cellular/GPS Watch. Ultimately went for Cellular + GPS and Im glad i did. 

Now when i go out for walk etc all i need is pair of airpods and my watch. 

Well I have opened my Series 7 Nike edition. Previously i have had a few Android smartwatches but i found the screen size too small.

I am quite impressed with the apple watch.Easy to read display etc.

My main contract with 3 is month to month, so i can move providers but it seems 3 sim only is one of the keenest on the market for me. I've been with them 10 years.

I am looking around for a good deal with EE or anyone that can give me a good deal plus apple-watch sim usage for a decent price.

In my head the ability to pop in my airpods and head on out to the gym or for a walk is quite appealing....but sounds like it's a cost price wise.

@Mcfly74  Have a look HERE for EE sim only    No network includes an Apple Watch contract with phone contract they are all separate contracts as the watch is a separate device that needs its on data connection. They are just linked at account level to receive/make calls/texts. 

I think that is the confusing part.

You say they are separate but I'd need an EE or O2 or vodaphone monthly contract to get a sim for the applewatch, so they are kind of linked?