cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Apple Watch monthly plan question

S_A_S12
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I’m looking into purchasing a Apple Watch for the first Time with a monthly plan. However, I’m slightly confused so would appreciate the help. 

what is the difference between a personal paired plan and a family member plan??

I would like to be able to use the watch to communicate without connecting to a phone. Which I’m assuming is the cellular version. Which plan would be best for this?

thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @S_A_S12 ,

Welcome to the community,

You could look at this on the Apple website and should also find out here, but basically if you are alone and have no-one else on your account, then the personal plan, but if you have family members on your account, then they can also have an Apple Watch without having an Apple phone. Hope this helps and makes sense.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thank you for responding, and for the welcome:)

so just to make sure I’ve got it right,

If a member of my family gets a new ee contract will they be considered part of the family plan?

or would this be to have more than one family member on the same contract. 

Also, can you use a Apple Watch as a stand alone communication device?

@S_A_S12 , a family member would need a contract that is on your account, not separate, and then they can also have a watch as well which will be added to the family account, if you get my meaning and yes they can then go out and about.as it is a cellular  watch, but you will then be the bill payer.

You can ring customer service and they will be able to explain this to you and as I wrote, take a look on Apple you may find it also helpful. 

Not quite sure what you mean by standalone as family account, one of you must have an I-Phone for the watches to work, but means with cellular watches you can go out and about without the I-Phone.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thank you, I’ve got it now. I appreciate the help. 

ill have a look now at the apple website now. 

@S_A_S12 , you are welcome, glad I could help.