cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Apple Watch series 6 cellular

Amyliasha
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone. I’ve been an apple iPhone user for years and have been looking into getting my first Apple Watch- the series 6! I have a phone contract through EE (unfortunately not in my name as I didn’t have any credit history up until recently) and have been looking at the Apple Watch contracts. I’m struggling to understand what I should do.

I have the money to buy the watch from apple outright however, I’m confused over the esim situation.

If I buy the Apple Watch directly from apple, but want to use the watch with cellular, how do I go about doing this with EE? How do I get an Esim? And what would the cost be? I was hoping to get 5-10gb of data a month, unlimited texts, and unlimited calls! Since I have credit history now, I was hoping to do the watch in my name whether I buy the watch for £30 a month directly from ee, or whether I buy it from apple and do the esim thing with EE! Will this make a difference? Will it still be paired with my phone despite it being two different accounts ? Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Amyliasha ,

Welcome to the community,

If you get the Apple Watch from Apple, you can then pay £7.- per month for the contract and you will be assigned a mobile number to your watch, which will give you 10gig of data and unlimited calls and text. 

If your credit rating is not good, then you will not get the watch from EE. I would suggest you ring EE and speak to them as they are very helpful and can best advise you on this.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thankyou so very much for your fast reply to my post!! I appreciate it very much. Yes, I think it’ll be best if I buy the phone from apple & do the £7 a month with the EE contract. Yeah, I’ll also give them a ring to talk to them! Thankyou again for your help! 

@Amyliasha you are welcome, glad to help, I suppose you meant watch, or did you mean the phone as well?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Just remember £7 a month is 10GB and you can get a new number for the Watch only if family (or personal to share).

I'd get direct with EE but they don't offer any nice straps so bummed what to do as i want the unlimited but also want a clean strap that i like, ugh. 😞

Outright - £509 (one-time) + £7 (10 GB Data) x 24 (months) = £677 [£168 for data]
EE - £28 (month) x 24 (months) + (£30 one-time) = £702 [£193 for data + fee]
EE - £30 (month) x 24 (months) = £720 [£211 data]

@Daniel60 , You can buy watch straps separately either on Apple or EBay or Amazon.

Not sure why you would pay an upfront cost. I suppose it depends whether you are upgrading early. I certainly did not pay upfront cost.

Lol yep, meant watch! 

@Schockwave Because paying the £30 up-front makes it overall cheaper? Only by £18 i admit but still cheaper.