cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Additional line - already have sim and using 2nd sim card

Binme
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

HEllo people

I already has an esim with EE and an additional sim card with someone else, can I add an Additional 2nd line to the phone for using 5G and calls?

Cheers in advance

D

8 REPLIES 8
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Binme 

An additional EE number will come with its own SIM - does your phone have a spare SIM slot?

Binme
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No, I use vodafone in the sim and EE eSim as the main provider

🙂

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Binme.

If you were to get an additional line with EE, you would need to use the new SIM in another phone if you're already useing the two slots on your current phone.

Jon

Binme
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That's a shame the esim can't cope with a 2nd line. Cheers 

Binme
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

PS Just noticed that the headline has been auto-corrected and should read "already have esim"

I am using the sim tray for vodafone. 

@Binme - 

That's a shame the esim can't cope with a 2nd line. Cheers.

they can if it's a Dual SIM Phone, example some Samsung's can use 2 Physical Sims and 2 eSims or a combination of above, BUT you can only have have or use 2 Active Lines (2 SIM Accounts) at any one time on the Dual SIM phone within the combination mix.

Binme
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Using the iPhone and I think it has one sim and im using that for a vodafone simcard and the e-sim for EE. I was hoping to add another line on the phone as 5g and upgrade to the 13pro. It looks like i need to do more research. x

Ok but as said you can only use a maximum of 2 Accounts in any combination at any one time on Dual SIM Devices