cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Added a data bundle, and they've upgraded me.... WHY?

annualmike1990
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

So I am halfway through a 2yr plan, and decided I needed more data. Rang up and changed my package to unlimited data for an extra £21 per month. The guy said you can change it back at anytime.

I then get a text saying I'm upgraded? I check my account, and they've started a new 2yr contract! 

So I ring them up, end up talking to a guy in Ireland who confirms they've done it as an upgrade. I said the guy never mentoned this, or advised any T&C's or anything so I don't accept that I've entered into a new contract. He says he needs to check with a colleague so he will ring me back, never happened.

So what do I do from here? As it stands I'm going to be paying for half my phone again!

Not happy. 

6 REPLIES 6
annualmike1990
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

So I am halfway through a 2yr plan and decided I needed more data. Rang up and changed my package to unlimited data for an extra £21 per month. The guy said you can change it back at any time.

I then get a text saying I'm upgraded? I check my account, and they've started a new 2yr contract! 

So I ring them up, end up talking to a guy in Ireland who confirms they've done it as an upgrade. I said the guy never mentioned this, or advised any T&C's or anything so I don't accept that I've entered into a new contract. He says he needs to check with a colleague so he will ring me back, never happened.

So what do I do from here? As it stands I'm going to be paying for half my phone again!

Not happy. 

Christopher_B
EE Employee

Hi @annualmike1990

Welcome to the EE Community.

I hope you're well and having a nice day, other than this issue of course. 

When you called about this, did the agent give you a timescale of when they would call you back? 

Thanks

Chris 

Hi,

He said he needed to speak to a colleague and would call me back shortly.... which I took to be a couple of hours or so or at least the same day?

Are you able to access the ticket/find out the current status if I forward you my details? 

Hi @annualmike1990

I've sent you a private message about this. Could you please check it and reply when you have a chance.

Thanks

Chris

Hi, 

Still have not had a call back regarding this, and my plan is still showing 2yrs left rather than 1.

Hi @annualmike1990

I've sent you a private message about this.

Thanks 

Chris