cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

6 months Apple Music Add-On - removed by mistake

Ava33
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I just upgraded to a 24-month contract and chose the 6-month Apple Music Add-on but have subsequently removed it as I wanted it to start tomorrow instead of today (new phone arrives tomorrow). Alas, now I seem to have lost this add-on?

How can I get it reinstated so I can add it to my plan tomorrow?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Christopher_B
EE Employee

Hi @Ava33

Welcome to the community 😊

I've always got the tunes on, so totally get why this needs sorting asap.

Could I just check how you cancelled it after activating it to early? 

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for getting back.

It was a silly move from me as I actually just clicked on remove from my add-ons 5 mins after activating. And confirmed my decision to do so thinking since I hadn’t used it it’ll be fine to reinstall the next day or so.

a

@Ava33 Thanks for that info I appreciate it.

If you text MUSIC to 150, what response do you get? 

Thanks 

Chris

This is what the text says:

Sorry we didn't catch that. It looks like you've already used your free Apple Music membership (it ended on today). You can still get Apple Music membership on your EE phone for £9.99 a month. To add this to your account, reply YES to this message (please make sure you've got the bill payer's permission). You can cancel at any time. For more info and T&Cs visit ee.co.uk/applemusic
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

It does say in the T&Cs that once removed you lose it.

You can cancel at any time. If removed from your account during the first six months, you’ll be unable to get the add-on again free of charge

Thank you, I understand and I am not complaining but just flagging that as this is an honest mistake which may happen to others it may be worth reviewing the t&cs in light of this, unless there’s a reason why this is irreversible.
It’s nevertheless a learning for me.
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I would think Apple don't want people adding a trial for a week to listen to something, stopping it by removing it then adding it again 3 months later, stopping it, etc.

Whilst you wanted to save one day of your trial and it's an honest mistake, there will always be people trying to game the system so T&Cs are put in place. Can you add Apple Music as a smart benefit instead and use it that way?

Fair enough, I completely understand and thanks for taking the time to investigate.
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Apple often have a 3 month trial going on as well, which you may qualify for if you've not used that one before too?