cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4g lte internet settings on nokia

Marshmill77
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I am swapping a business phone from iphone to a classic Nokia 800 tough as i want some battery power to take calls ! which is the reason for having the phone in the first place. lol

This Nokia has 4g access but its not working, I phoned EE support and they said this phone is not supported and gave me some APN settings, I entered them and the 4g symbol appeared but still no 4g data (i only really want it for the map function)

does anyone know the correct nokia KaiOs apn setting to enter as i must be doing something wrong

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
13 REPLIES 13
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Marshmill77 ,

I assume you've restarted a few times.

Are you able to check in your settings whether you device has received an IP address along the lines of 100.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x ?

If your device successfully receives an IP address, the next thing to check is whether domain names can successfully be resolved. Another person might be able to provide an IP for ee.co.uk or bbc.co.uk for this to be checked (not easy for me to get on a mobile).

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Hi Yes restarted several times,  there is no way to check the ip from the settings menu.

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Your Nokia is 4G assuming it's a EU or Global version, you shouldn't need any special settings as long as the APN is set correctly for 2.5 / 3 / 4G.

Is it working on 3G ? Is it Dual SIM, 3G will probably work together on both Sims but 4G on only one of the Sims.

If it's a Dual SIM make sure your SIM is in SIM Slot 1 of 2(or 0) and that the Mobile Data is switch on for the same SIM slot that your using.

not working on 3g either, but dont think data has ever worked on any phone i have had on 3g, only when connects to 4g in the past,

It is duel sim (furthest slot in the tray), but only offers setting for one in the menu (no mention of a second sim slot in menu)

If it's Dual SIM it's probably a shared Slot ie, SD Card or SIM, so either put a second SIM in or a SD Card, the SIM tray should be marked 0 & 1 or 1 & 2, but as a general rule the SIM that shares the SD Card Slot is normally SIM 2.

What's the current APN settings (Full details)

SIM Slot settings will probably be something like -

Settings/Connectivity/DualSim/MobileData/etc but may not kick in without a second SIM in.

APN will probably be as above but then -

..../MobileData/AccessPoints or APN

Correct APN Settings

Name: EE internet

APN: everywhere

Username: eesecure

Password: secure

Address Type: IPV4

Hi, sorry had assumed it was duel sim but from closer inspection of slot you right, it single sim with a SD card next to it.

The phone came with no apn setting or it hasnt created any after putting the sim in, i have deleated the one i put in and re-entered following your spec, only difference is that there is no slot for username, only identifer ?

Still no connection to 4g (even though its showing it on the screen),

interestingly when i go into my business login on here, under my number the phone is not identified either.

Not sure what identifyer is, cloud be the Name. Is what do you want to call it, play safe , put "everywhere" in both the identiter and APN Name or any field that asked for a name.