cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4g lte internet settings on nokia

Marshmill77
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I am swapping a business phone from iphone to a classic Nokia 800 tough as i want some battery power to take calls ! which is the reason for having the phone in the first place. lol

This Nokia has 4g access but its not working, I phoned EE support and they said this phone is not supported and gave me some APN settings, I entered them and the 4g symbol appeared but still no 4g data (i only really want it for the map function)

does anyone know the correct nokia KaiOs apn setting to enter as i must be doing something wrong

13 REPLIES 13

Here seem to be known-good settings: https://apn-uk.gishan.net/en/apn/ee/nokia-800-tough

Surprisingly no mention of identifier.

Curious the device is not listed at https://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/internet?step=manufacturerselection.vm&contractId=230&countryId=36&ne...

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

OK, desided to do a factory phone reset (kaiOS reset), It now works ! not sure if it reset the apn settings as they were the same.  Working now !

So after inputting the settings a Kaios reset was required, rather than a restart ! thanks for your help. its lost all the numbers i had put in but works ! even able to listen to radio on the webbrowser !

Thas a great resourse, I spoke with nokia before and they said the software is the same for all the new feature phone so selected 8000 model and that works. Identifier is username

Great news! Thanks for sharing as it may help someone else who hits this with a search. 🤓

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net