cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE access controls, group empties after any reboot

alexank
Visitor

EE Smart Router 

Firmware version: v0.04.01.05202-EE

Not sure whether this is a bug or a fault or some sorts of annoying feature!
I use a groups to limit internet access overnight.

I have noticed each time I power off the router that the members of this group disappear. I then have to re add the members in order to reinstate the controls

This is weird and should not be happening, my children have already worked out if they turn the router on and off they can then access the internet continuously until I repopulate the group.

Is this a bug or a fault with the Router?
No other settings are being lost, the access control schedule is still there so are the groups name it only the members that are disappearing!

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @alexank

Welcome to the community.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or fault. I'd recommend speaking to our broadband technical support team to see if they can look into this for you.

Let us know what happens.

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The Access Control Settings for the EE Smart Router are managed by the EE Home app, not the router itself.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)