cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 and 14 Pro Preorder tracking thread

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've done this a few times and thought it would be bad to break tradition, so wanted to create a thread for people to discuss their preorders etc as we all wait for our new iPhones.

2,555 REPLIES 2,555
browno
Contributor
Contributor

I have an XKO order number too, came through at 13:05.

NatashaLou6
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I preordered on the phone, she assured me it's gone through and they've taken the money but no tracking text or email, just one thanking me for upgrading. On hold again now, worried!

RosieH
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Based on previous years I THINK the XKO is the first thing you get if you order online and then a 00 number once it's processed? But don't quote me on this! Other people know better.

CS reps say all kinds of weird stuff. I got told that maybe deliveries would be late because of HM Queen's death yesterday...

NatashaLou6
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Previously, I get a text with tracking while I'm still on the phone so this is very unusual. She did assure me though so I'm trying not to panic..

soupladel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@RosieH Yeah, that was the issue for many last year, had confirmation emails, XKO tracking references that don't work in the online order tracker and very inconsistent advice from CS including promises on delivery dates they couldn't keep because they didnt have and didnt know when they would have the stock

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I believe this is the case, I got the XKO number but when I called I then got another email with the 002xxx number in it. If you don't have a 002xxx number it might be worth calling... the lines might be busy though. Seems every year they have to manually approve things for some reason?

cctingle
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

iPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Deep Purple & Watch Ultra With Alpine Loop (though that hideous thing will come off and I'll put my pride one on it!)

It took me 4 attempts to get the order to go through properly, each time my credit card would send me a code, I'd put it in, then I'd get a 404 error.  Tried the app, got it all to go through, but at the end it said I needed to call to confirm some details, so, called digital sales.  The lady I spoke to was fantastic, she said there was nothing wrong, reason I had to call was because the system couldn't instantly verify the order but by the time I'd got through to her it was done.  She also arranged for the watch upgrade for me because for whatever reason I couldn't get it to go through online, it's 2 years since I had a watch from EE so it was definitely due with no upgrade fee.

Then I received 4 emails in total all with different XKO references, gave them to the lady I was speaking with and she cancelled the 3 extras, my poor credit card won't know what's hit it!  I had £100 any time upgrade fee to pay and the Ultra was £220.  Should be able to recoup about £150 of that from selling the old watch.

Charlie
Radeon85OCUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ordered online and phoned up anyway to check if the order went through, because last year I ordered online at launch day the order got randomly cancelled without any warning and that was a within the week after the launch day so that was annoying as it put me way behind in the queue.

Person on the phone couldn't check the online order but they were apparently able to place a new order for a launch day delivery for the iPhone 14 Pro Max 1TB and cancel the online one, so at least I have proper confirmation this time it has 100% gone through, don't want the massive screw-up EE did last year.

NatashaLou6
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Spoken to CS again, he assures me it's gone through and the confirmation is just delayed. Maybe because I paid upfront with credit card?? Still panicking but two people have told me it's gone through for iPhone 14 PM in Space Black.

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Think I'm all sorted now - though there was a bit of a shock at one point.  But the pain will be worth it to get parity with Apple release schedules for next year, assuming they don't delay things again like 2021.  I've calculated the cost of upgrading to the Apple Watch Ultra and my bank account slapped me repeatedly around the face until I stopped thinking about it.  So I won't be getting that for a while.