cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 and 14 Pro Preorder tracking thread

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've done this a few times and thought it would be bad to break tradition, so wanted to create a thread for people to discuss their preorders etc as we all wait for our new iPhones.

2,555 REPLIES 2,555
soupladel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I haven't been able to place an order yet because they want a £300 upfront fee, I have been told by CS that will get waived, in fact his actual words were, when i look in the system it shows as now fee but this was prior to the 1pm launch and i am waiting for an email to confirm this is true and to place my order.

soupladel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thats what they want to charge me and that includes swapping the phone, i suspect you will get something in the post around or after the time you get the new phone, thats what happened last year.

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You will definitely need to return the phone, on their end the fee is because Anytime upgrades cost money before the 12month mark. The Pro max released late last year I think or there were issues with the deliveries, so lots of people got them late, for me I'm only 2 weeks early and it still charged me £100 which i'm hoping to get back.

Given you've only had your current phone a year, you'll definitely be expected to return the phone.

Got mine all sorted Apple full works 

iPhone 14 Pro 5G 512GB Space Black 

RosieH
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello fellow iPhone lovers! What did everyone order today and where are you at in the process?

I got an iPhone 14 Pro in Deep Purple with 512GB.

I got the order through around 13.10 and got a number starting 002... which means there must have already been so many people who got 001 numbers! Wild 🙂

soupladel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Kyemaloy thats exactly the problem, but it seems when and how you order determines if you get charged a fee prior to that 12 month mark. It would be nice if there was consistency

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I got my 002 email at 1:08, I assume they didnt start at 001 and probably didnt reset for the launch, so theyre just sequential from every order EE have had.

matt1290
Contributor
Contributor

I have an XKO number, does this mean anything opposed to an 01 or 02 number?

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks @soupladel and @Kyemaloy 

I'm going to call EE to confirm everything.  It'd be nice if the £330 is waived and the phone has to be returned - that way we've got some parity with Apple's release schedule going forward without having to fork out that sort of money.  Given the amount of money I spend with EE each month and the number of extra add-ons, every little helps (sorry Tesco).

maxon_uk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have XKO289*******. And 

THANKS MAX
Your order’s on its way

Don't know if that confirmed or not😬