cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken seal

jerpers
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just got home, about to set up my wife’s 13pro and nearly dropped it on the floor. As I picked up the box the bottom seal was open and the box hinges open. Should it not have been completely sealed?

52 REPLIES 52
Higgsy85
Visitor

Same here,  not best pleased at all seal off and corner of box  ripped like a child has opened it in excitement on Xmas day . 

Same here! Arrived all unsealed, with the box corner torn! Seriously? This costs so much! How is it even acceptable? Plus there was some bundle of screen protector and case promised, which is missing completely! I’m calling them tomorrow! 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mashuljkin

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you give us a call on 150, the team will get the missing case and screen protector looked into for you. 

Leanne. 

Same issue here - iPhone 13 Pro Max 1TB came with the seal broken and there were fingerprints all over it. 

I am on the phone with support as we speak and they said they will set it right but I am wondering if anyone else had their replacements already and how long it took for them to arrive (if at all).

@Leanne_T any comments on this?

James_B

Hi @Ivorydom,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

It's common practice to open some phone's from each batch for quality checking purposes. Was the box resealed?

James

If this is the case then the quality checked phones should then be sold as ‘box opened’ at a reduced price or given as refurbished models. 

Its obviously a mess up by EE and if you ask literally anyone they would agree it’s ridiculous. Can you imagine going to an Apple Store and them handing you your iphone 13 pro on launch day and it had the security seal broken. 

its a shame Apple hadn’t added ‘DO NOT ACCEPT IF SEAL IS BROKEN’ 

i went in to the store to politely ask for an unused mobile as a replacement on launch day, as i had preordered so I would get it on the first day, and they said i would have to send it back via the courier service and it might take a week or so.
So disappointingly i gave in and just walked away with my second hand iphone. 

I will just have to remember next time to open the bag immediately in front of the staff member. 

Also no the box was open. The staff member even slightly shook the box to show it was still closed and i had to almost catch the phone as the box became open because the seal was removed. 

@James_B hi James!

No the box was definitely not resealed. 150 assured me this is not right and I will get a replacement. They definitely never said it's common practice- and even if it was, I wouldn't accept an iPhone with a broken seal to be honest with you. 

I obviously expect a new phone, sealed, and unopened with no fingerprints. 🙂

James_B

Hi @Ivorydom,

If the box wasn't resealed, you've done the right thing in requesting a replacement.

James

EE have just assured me it was fine! Unsealed and with fingerprints, as long as it works fine! 😅

Sent from my iPhone