cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about getting a contract with EE… DON’T!

Samsmith2104
Investigator
Investigator

So after many calls and diagnostics with Apple they have now referred me back to EE with all evidence showing I have been sold a faulty product. (I understand this isn’t on purpose) but this phone is 7 months old and still under manufacturing warranty. After communicating this to EE they want to replace these phones (saying these as I’m sure I’m not the only one) for refurbished phones or want to replace the battery although no fault is showing at Genius Bar Apple! At Genius Bar Apple they had proven the battery drains with minimum usage and have accepted that there has been faulty iPhone 15 pro’s, I had a call for over an hour with EE saying they will repair a phone that shows no fault 🙄 or send a refurbished phone (during the phone call the executive I was on the phone with said she had the same fault) not only that she said she accepted a refurbished phone in return (obviously lying to their consumers). Now let me state a fact EE will replace your phone with a refurbished phone so they can take back your faulty phone and either resell as a refurbished phone or they will send it back to Apple and get a full refund under manufacturers warranty. This is beyond ridiculous and unacceptable to let companies make money out of other people’s misfortune. I have escalated this further and will be taking it as far as it need until I get a phone I actually pay for. 

This isn’t the worst of it, they have agreed I have manufacturers warranty but I should go to Apple myself to get a replacement. Now Apple don’t own the rights to replacing your phone when brought through a 3rd party company and expect that the company should do it for you. This company is a con in every way shape and form. I have all the evidence needed and they still would rather cause you stress and lose business over it without any care in the world. They have also try to state that there repair centre is better than apples itself. I think everyone has the rights to know that EE will only be good for you if you always get perfect products.

If you have stayed with me and read this far it’s not all.. they (ee) try to state consumer law but then change the law to suit them, this is wrong consumer law is for consumers with issues and not the company. During all this they said if I had brought extra warranty they would replace my phone, now let me state again this phone is fault because it’s just a bad one, not because I have broken it, misused it or been stolen so they want you to pay £19.99 a month to insure a phone that has manufacturers warranty. Beyond a joke. If I had broken the phone or misused the phone I wouldn’t have all the evidence (which I’ve email over to EE) so they do to! 

anyone thinking about getting a contract with EE, don’t your better off buying a phone and getting a pay monthly sim with whoever you decide. They are another money grabbing company that only look after there own workers. Also I have proof of this after knowing people that work there 🫣 your welcome 😮💨👍🏼

10 REPLIES 10
bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's standard practice that faults identified within the first 30days will trigger a brand new replacement. Beyond that, a refurb device is normal - they should be in "as new" condition but reflect the fact you don't have a brand new phone anymore.

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Apple can and should replace under warranty direct as well

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Not consumer law. And would understand if Apple wasn’t saying it’s a faulty phone and has been from the start so not quite right just an employee trying to be bright 👍🏼

This is true but they won’t do that when it wasn’t purchased through Apple direct but they have also stated all this in an email from Apple directed at EE. 

I think you'll find they should do that regardless if you purchased from them. It's manufactured by Apple they have a duty as well.

When I had an issue with a Samsung phone in the passed purchased from EE I went direct to Samsung and they replaced it.

If Apple are refusing to why are you not shouting consumer law to them? It also applies to them because regardless where you purchased Apple got the money for that device.

Apple have had it all hence why they have emailed over all diagnostics and an email stating they are willing to do this but needs to be done through the 3rd party, in this case EE. I don’t know why Samsung and Apple work differently unfortunately but seems they do. 

They shouldn't it's basic consumer law which you are trying to spout here 

Apple are actually breaking this if they are point blank refusing to replace the device for you 

Maybe read up on consumer law before spouting it because Apple are also liable and should be replacing under warranty if they are infact stating it should be.

As replied and will keep stating they aren’t refusing EE are refusing to go through them where Apple have accepted the fault and willing to help get a new phone all the way. I think you’re reading the bits you want to read. Now if you didn’t work for EE you wouldn’t be doing that I’ve been very clear Apple are willing to swap the phone but through EE. 

If Apple are willing why haven't they sent you a phone then? You keep saying they are willing but yet you are here spouting consumer law at EE yet Apple are willing but refusing to send you a new phone.

I'm not reading what I want to I am reading exactly what you are typing on here 

If Apple are actually willing they should be sending out a new phone and an envelope to return the faulty phone.