cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken seal

jerpers
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just got home, about to set up my wife’s 13pro and nearly dropped it on the floor. As I picked up the box the bottom seal was open and the box hinges open. Should it not have been completely sealed?

52 REPLIES 52

I have also received my new iPhone 13 Pro Max today to find the phone case with a broken seal and why I have searched if this is right. Strange as packaging appeared to be fine, just not sure if that is how it started it’s journey. Why have ee sent me a phone with a broken seal?

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Smith8513  .. these things can happen in transit (I used to work in mail order, deal with the PO etc so have seen it happen).  If the seal is cut open that is a bit more sinister as it does perhaps imply tampering.  A seal is simply stuck on to hold the box closed, this can work loose inside mail bags and during the postal process etc so nothing to worry about as long as the contents are ok.  

Thanks for the info, I have had a closer look at the box and the top seal has in fact been cut so I will be returning the phone.