cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken seal

jerpers
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just got home, about to set up my wife’s 13pro and nearly dropped it on the floor. As I picked up the box the bottom seal was open and the box hinges open. Should it not have been completely sealed?

52 REPLIES 52
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @jerpers

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Does the packaging look as though this was already open?

Was the phone collected or delivered?

Katie 🙂

jerpers
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It was delivered this morning. The bag it was in was well sealed but it looks like the seal at the bottom of the box had been cut open. The pull tab is still attached at one side. The phone itself still has its white protective film. 
I have just received my pro max and that box is fully intact. I gave it a good shake to see if that would break the seal but it is rock solid. 

jerpers
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

image.jpg

OllyMillMill
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Same here. Whilst its in a weird way reassuring someone else had this im not happy. 

Other threads on an old vodafone support message board gave a few reasons. Some about quality checking. 
Personally that sounds rubbish as well they’re basically breaking the seal to check no1 has broken the seal?? 

the corner of my box was damaged as well (which obviously also isnt good) which may be the reason they checked. 

All in all il email ee or ring then when i have a chance and complain as it may as well be a used mobile

jerpers
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@OllyMillMill 

Yes. The corner of this box has a small ding in it too. 

Maybe they opened damaged boxes to check the mobiles. Literally changes nothing in my opinion as completely undermines the point of a tamper seal. 

The guy in the ee shop sort of shook the box to show me that the box was still shut and i had to almost catch the bottom of the box/mobile because it would have fallen out. 
so what should have been an exciting unboxing was instead frustrating and a let down. 
i would request an exchange but it would take a week at least even though they have stock in the store

Mines exactly the same as you described. Will you be returning?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi everyone. 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please give us a call on 150, and our Mobile Care team will get this looked into for you. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Sal09
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Spoke with a CS Manager yesterday.

Mine is getting exchanged today with New Retail Box Device. Funnily the replacement is coming from Hub in Birmingham and not from Hub in Hinckley. Will find out in an hours time as my DPD slot is up soon. If same issue persists I will defo cancel my whole order and go buy direct from Apple.