cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken seal

jerpers
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just got home, about to set up my wife’s 13pro and nearly dropped it on the floor. As I picked up the box the bottom seal was open and the box hinges open. Should it not have been completely sealed?

52 REPLIES 52
Sal09
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@OllyMillMillthats awful CS in my opinion especially when you been a loyal customer.

If the same device is returned back by customer under normal circumstances with in 14 days. EE list them as good as new. 

But we all have bought NEW devices and also paying higher prices. So why isit ok for them to think we will be happy with this. Im sure you wouldn't be ok if ubereats driver open your meal and have a chip and make excuse oh i did it due to QC. 

Them devices shouldn’t have been sent out even if for one minute we believe EE’s excuse. 

@Sal09just checked where mine is from and also hub 4 Hinckley. Strange that they are opening the boxes there?!

Mine came from Hub 3 Birmingham and it was opened. So seems like it’s an issue no matter where it comes from 

Sal09
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Mw991 Have you got your nee tracking number. Which HUB is it this time.

Did yours come to just in EE bag ? Or was there a DPD bag too?

@Sal09 no tracking number yet. They said it can take up to 3-5 days to come then I just spoke to someone else to double check the replacement has been processed as I didn’t receive any confirmation and he said up to 10 days. Not sure why so long as the phones in stock. Mine came in just a ee bag

Sal09
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Mw991

The stock you are seeing is for new customers. The department that authorised your replacement have their own allocation. As long as they have processed the order and it is showing on your account you should be ok.

Let us know how you get on. 

Hello, I ordered the iPhone Pro 13 - 1TB. - Sierra Blue Yesterday, and it arrived today, but one of the seals on the bottom end has been sliced with something sharp to look like its opened on its own...

Didn't I read that there were a lot of opened boxes since launch, I also notice finger prints on the shiny apple on back.

I thought we are buying new phones, not "looked at" ??? 

Bit disheartened, will be back if I notice anything else... 

So after being told it would be replaced and waiting over a week, I’ve got back in contact today and been told they’re actually not replacing it. I showed proof of the chat where the agent said i would get a replacement and I’m still being refused a replacement. They basically just said sorry but they’re not replacing it and my only option is to return it at my own cost. They didn’t even care apologise to me for the agent telling me I would get a replacement. Customer service is terrible

I have also received a iPhone 13 pro with tampered seal. It looks as though someone has cut it with a knife/razor rather than pulling the tabs. 

BEWARE LOOKS LIKE THIS IS A COMMON SCENARIO WITH 13PRO FROM EE.

Have requested a replacement. 

Its very frustrating as could be a security issue. Who knows what could have been done to the mobiles when they were opened. 
You’d think Apple would be concerned if all of their mobiles were being opened before being given to the customer. 

i cant afford to send the mobile away and wait etc for a replacement so i have no choice but to keep mine. No chance they would just swap it over in store