Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Google Pixel

harwood1
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

Currently I have a Google Pixel, however the phone has broke. I went into Carphone Warehouse/Curry’s to see what they could do and they said they cannot do anything as the phone is broken. 

I am sill currently paying the contract. What do I do if I don’t pay insurance? As I am going to need to get a new phone. 

6 REPLIES 6
harwood1
Investigator
Investigator

With the help of my Dad, I have put the SIM card into an old iPhone. Is this okay?

@harwood1  You can put the sim in to any device you choose.  Your only obligation is to continue paying the contract.      You might be able to have the device repaired but this will be at your own cost and depending on what’s actually wrong with it it could cost quite a lot.    That’s not to say it is repairable as you don’t say what the issue is.    Not sure why you went to the carphone warehouse as they have nothing to do with EE or your contract with EE.   You should be taking it to a EE store. 

Thank you for your help. The problem with the phone is that it will not turn on, when you try to turn it on, no image appears but just flashes of a broken green colour (the screen maybe?).  I only went to Carphone Warehouse as I brought the phone through them. 

@harwood1  It might be possible to fix this and depending on how old it is it might be under warranty still.  You get 1 year warranty.   Start with THIS 

Unfortunately the man who I saw in Carphone Warehouse said I had gone past the warranty. Would somewhere like Timpsons possibly be able to fix it?

worst case scenario, if it is deemed unfixable, what do I do?

@harwood1   Sorry I don’t know who Timson’s are.     You can go to any 3rd party to see if it can be repaired.    

As I said as long as you pay your obligation to the contract you can use any device you choose.