cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone general settings showing my old number after PAC

AlR95
Investigator
Investigator

I Ported my number across when I joined EE, when people call me or text me that works fine. But In the iPhone settings it shows a different number and I get a constant notification warning me saying that after 30 days my number will be unregistered from my apple account! I’ve tried to type in my old number into settings it just won’t save!

Any help much appreciated 

7 REPLIES 7
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @AlR95 ,

Welcome to the community,

Have you tried logging into Apple on their website and look at your account there?

Have you rang EE, not sure what they can do, but may be worth checking with them?

Have you also checked on My EE either via the web or app?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

I’ve not called EE yet I’m likely gonna pop into the shop tomorrow as my number only ported Friday and they said they don’t port numbers over the weekend I wanted to wait and see if the problem would resolve itself!

@AlR95 , I would not worry too much it should all get sorted soon, but you are welcome to go into the shop, if you are worried.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@AlR95 I had this problem this morning after porting my number. What fixed it for me was to toggle off iMessages and FaceTime in settings and then switch them back on. My new number then saved and appeared as it should in settings and my contact card.

@DaMoon , very useful to know, hope that sorts it out for @AlR95, thank you for your input.

Hi all thanks for the help, I’ve managed to solve my issue by doing the following: 

reset all network settings(was a pain as I lost all WiFi passwords but hey ao)

this then displayed the correct number in my settings 

then to remove the message of my number not being registered to the device and would be removed from iMessage in 30 days time I had to remove them myself from both face time and iMessage and add them back myself seems to have solved my problem 

thanks all for your help!! 😄

@AlR95 , glad you managed to get it all sorted, thank you for coming back and letting us know, there is always someone here to help, if you have a problem.