cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
Johanm
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Buds arrived today, sounds amazing, didn't get any updates from yodel for about an hour before they arrived.

Just got home..phone has arrived...il give my opinion on it in a few days,hope all those waiting get their phones soon 😉😁👍🏽

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

As it's getting quiet, I'll give my 2 cen... p.

After having gotten used to the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G and the excellent OxygenOS, it is strange to get back to OneUI. Also it missed this version, I now miss a few thing from OxygenOS, like the last gestures on the side of the screen, so convenient for one handed use, the excellent fingerprint sensor, etc.

The transfer and reinstallation took me just two hours, like someone said earlier. Smart switch was great for that, bringing all the pictures, videos, accounts with passwords, apps, even those proprietary of OnePlus. 😄

Lots of bloatware to remove later, a little bit of tweaking there and there.

I did some pretty heavy use at work with the upgrade as well. The phone got quite hot but the room where I was was hot as well. Still, I take it this is the downside of the Exynos chipset compared to the Snapdragon in the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.

The camera is obviously much better (108MP pictures packs lots of details, good for cropping), the screen looks good and the phone works well, apart for one little thing that bugged me. The 4G signal seeemed very poor today at work, so I wonder if it's a one off or if the connectivity isn't as good as what the OnePlus offers. I haven't much researched the subject so I don't really know and it's too early to be certain.

Battery wise, it's  really good. I run the screen in Quad HD instead of 120Hz because I like to watch videos in 1440p better than in 1080p - hopefully Samsung will release an option for QuadHD+120Hz. No comparison for the OnePlus which was doing OK last week but got its battery killed by the last upgrade(I could finish the day on the 7 Pro with 20-40% of battery left but after the update I had to be careful to just not empty it before going home).

In the end, my main reason to move to the S20 Ultra was for the camera. I had a Canon 5D3 with expensive L lenses in the past (sold for a motorcycle), so I now rely on my phone to take pictures and here, I'm not disappointed. It's a new sensor, it'll take some time for Samsung to polish it the way they did on the Note 10 with the previous generation but it's already prettyy good and fun.

RE4PER
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It's getting quiet in here now?? Has anybody recieved their ultra 512gb yet from EE?? I'm still waiting.... it's either for 3 reasons

1. Many have recieved them

2. Everyone decided to get the 128gb instead

3. Nobody can be assed chasing up on it, and are getting fed up of the same waiting process.

So if EE have actually sent you a 512gb cosmic grey please let us that are waiting know. As personally for myself it been well over a month of waiting 

Cheers

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@RE4PER nope still waiting, yes the silence is deafening. In hoping they (512gb) arrive this month because I'm fed up of waiting.

rhiang1984
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@RE4PER 

I am still waiting for mine, I always been chasing them nearly every day or every two days, if you look above you see my response from Samsung when I went into chat to find out when they getting it so am 🤞 end of April at least! I pre ordered it on 25th Feb and still waiting as I ordered via store!

Richiekent
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm still waiting not recieved mine yet

Still waiting for my 512gb... I've started contemplating just cancelling my order now it's taking far too long I can buy it elsewhere

Richiekent
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I thought the same but if more people downgrade then surely were getbpurs sooner fingers crossed I have hope bùt not much 

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@simonstaton if love to know where you can buy the 512gb, I've looked and nobody has them.