cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, we've done the same thing, @5hIfTy. I've submitted a claim anyway,  we'll see what they say.

The worse would be to have it refused and 512Gb versions suddenly getting delivered. 😄

@5hIfTy  & @77cats 

When you try to claim via the Samsung Members App they ask you to upload proof, so all I did was upload an image of my original pre order email for the 512GB which shows model, contract length, handset cost, date of pre order etc (this was dated between the qualifying dates for the buds+) and I also uploaded another image which was just a screenshot of a note I written just to explain that I had pre ordered within the period however due to EE not having any of the 512GB in stock for the foreseeable I have had to get the 128GB model.

Samsung validated my claim within seconds, probably less than 10 seconds. 

Status changed to processed not long after and then the Buds+ arrived 8 days later.

Didn't ask for any phone specific information (IMEI etc)

Really simple process.

5hIfTy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks Bradders!

How did you access the claims part as when I use the Samsung members app I get a message saying I'm not eligible?

I've done claims through Samsung many times so familiar with the procedure just don't know how to access the claim other than through the members app.

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Congratulations, your Samsung Claim ID ****** has been validated. Your Galaxy Buds+ shall be dispatched to your given postal address within the next 45 days.

Preorder of 512Gb in a shop , moved much later to home delivery. At this point, received an email confirming the initial preorder date from the EE agent.

Preorder changed for a 128Gb black on the 4th. Received phone today, Galaxy Buds+ redeemed via the app Samsung Members where they ask a few questions and you can upload documents (PDF, jpg or png).

For the proof, I've sent a screenshot of the email mentioned above and a photo of the the delivery receipt with the EE flyer. 

@5hIfTyall I did was download the app on my device, maybe the app realised it was a new Samsung? I'm not too sure. I had never used the app prior to trying to claim the Buds+. Im guessing you need to do it on your new device (I am assuming you have not received the 128GB yet?)

5hIfTy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@bradders89 Yeah I was processing the claim on my new device. I updated the Samsung members app and went to section for claiming buds with S20 preorders and it stated I was ineligible and returned to the home screen.

I've found a workaround so have now submitted a screenshot of my original preorder email for the 512gb on 25/2/20 and like you I uploaded a note saying I had to change to 128gb model due to stock supply issues.

They have accepted the claim for review so fingers crossed I get the same message as 77cats did shortly 👍🏻

Appreciate all your help with this guys, hope you're enjoying your new phones (I am now after spending 2 hours transferring everything and registering apps again!)

@5hIfTy  glad you got it sorted! Really was a simple process, which was welcome after the mess these 512GBs have caused.

You're welcome,  I am really enjoying it. The 120hz screen is amazing! Battery life has sorted its self out now after a few days of fast depletion. The super fast charge is incredible aswell, impressed.

rhiang1984
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well I have some success, they have taken £50 off my bill and taken the small WiFi box contract off as well so 👍 😁 just got to wait until they get the phone and contact me so I can get it delivered to where I am 🤞🤞

5hIfTy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@bradders89 Literally just received the email saying the claim has been successful, wait up to 45 days......

You sir are an absolute legend! 

Was gutted about losing the buds by swapping to the 128gb but this has made a painfully long experience worthwhile!

Now I've got to have a pop at an ebay seller for sending me a case for the S20+ 🙄

Johanm
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Buds arriving today