cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken galaxy z flip 4

kmh37
Visitor

ive only had my galaxy z flip 4 a month. just now its dropped on the floor while closed as i went to grab it from the sideboard. now the screen doesnt work on the top half and doesnt open fully. the middle part is also black in a line across it. what can i do? am i covered for this? i cant phone, text or search anything on it.

also how do i find out if i have samsung care+?

kind regards. thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@kmh37   Did you take out insurance for the device?    You would have received a letter through the post with your information information if you did and your account will show under add ons what your paying for that insurance. 
If you don’t have insurance then to get the device repaired will be at your own cost,  you could go directly to Samsung to see if it’s repairable.  If it’s not then you’ll need to get another device so you can continue using your contact as that still has to be paid.  
you don’t automatically get Samsung care because you purchased a Samsung device. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@kmh37   Did you take out insurance for the device?    You would have received a letter through the post with your information information if you did and your account will show under add ons what your paying for that insurance. 
If you don’t have insurance then to get the device repaired will be at your own cost,  you could go directly to Samsung to see if it’s repairable.  If it’s not then you’ll need to get another device so you can continue using your contact as that still has to be paid.  
you don’t automatically get Samsung care because you purchased a Samsung device. 

magdalenapacano
Visitor

i want to ask if shall I get Samsung galaxy z flip4 

liz130
Visitor

Hi kmh37 just to sympathize I have also had my Z Flip for less than a year and the screen has stopped working totally blank, EE have claimed it has probably been dropped and as such will not repair under warranty. Despite being a customer for years I'm really disappointed in EE's attitude to this as I'm already aware of many people having the same issue with this phone. EE seem to take no responsibility despite still holding the contract over me where there is clearly a weakness in it's durability, my phone even had the genuine Samsung case to protect it. They keep saying that the issue is Samsung's and not theirs. I will not be staying with EE in the future because of this appalling attitude to what is clearly a manufacturing issue.

No network will cover dropped damage via warranty. Samsung wouldn't even cover it under warranty.

You say you won't stay with EE because of it but every network will be telling you the same.

The flip and fold are very sensitive phones and insurance is hard to come by as slot of places won't cover them.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I have had exactly this problem after 14 months z flip 4 had black screen after software update. Mine was also in a Samsung case and had never been dropped. Was told that the repair would be 400 plus which I refused to pay.  They told me that there were a few problems including cracked camera but "this couldn't be seen with the **bleep** eye"  as my phone looked in immaculate condition. I too have been a customer for many years but as soon as this contract  has finished I will never ever use EE again. I think it's time that   we all stood together against the phone companies like the post office workers did. Sick of being ripped off as I know that it was a software issue 

@Ro5ieb59   Have you considered contacting Samsung about this software up date that caused this ?   If there is a broken camera lens all faults are fixed not just the one you know about and a broken camera lens will be chargeable.