cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Experia 10ii ee sim network locked

ADAMHOOPS0
Contributor
Contributor

so i have bought my second ex EE sony experia 10ii , i did this about 2 years ago and it came exactly the same as my new one, so phone will load up but at boot up it stops with a non ee sim card and asks for "SIM network unlock pin" if you to ee help page about locked phones with the imei it says its unlocked well as i said this is exactly the same as the original one, eventually  i managed to get from a member of ee staff ,who originally said it wasn't an ee lock, she game me a code which unlocked it  , but managed to use it for about 2 years before it failed last week. the new phone is locked exactly the same way but ee again cant get a unlock code and fob me of with its not locked , why is everything an uphill struggle, a normal ee sim card works fine i have tried three giffgaff sim cards they all request the same code, all the carriers are showing up in the carrier list please does anyone know how to get this code 

20 REPLIES 20
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You need to check that the Device is actually Network Free and also the Device has not been Blacklisted for the previous Device Owner due to Payment or Contract Issues.

it works with an ee card , ee would have said that with them they say its unlocked , they generated a key with the last phone its an ee lock 

also phone boots up and all loads fine except the card will not log into any network with the giffgaff sim all networks are in the network list 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ADAMHOOPS0 

Thanks for coming here. 

Does the device ask for a network unlock code when you have another network SIM in the phone? 

Leanne 🙂

• If I put an ee card in it loads fine no issues , I remember last time I was told exactly the same thing it's was only one support member who generated the key for me from the IMEI ,if i open network selector I can tap O2 and it will roll around for ages trying to join the service but just won't ,it's ee code needed 
ADAMHOOPS0
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot_20230911-073931.png

 i named the sim card jacks sim 

Christopher_G

Thanks, @ADAMHOOPS0 

It sounds like it may still be locked somehow. I recommend speaking to our customer service team so they can check it on our systems for you.
Chris

Yes I appreciate the feedback , as I said in the initial post I did get through gave the IMEI number lady went quite for 5 mins came back technical support say it's not locked , I repeated this is EXACTLY the same issue I had with the original Sony phone , it says it's perso locked , I know it's an code ee can provide from the IMEI it just seems difficult to get customer support if it doesn't benefit ee I need the original lady who sorted the code for me are we allowed to put an IMEI on here ? It's xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, If there is someone who knows how to get the perso or network lock off the sim card ability to logon to other network PLEASE let me know 

Katie_B

Hello @ADAMHOOPS0

Personal information such as IMEI numbers will not be accepted on the community. 

There is no account access here, however, our customer care team will be more than happy to help further. 

Katie