cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Experia 10ii ee sim network locked

ADAMHOOPS0
Contributor
Contributor

so i have bought my second ex EE sony experia 10ii , i did this about 2 years ago and it came exactly the same as my new one, so phone will load up but at boot up it stops with a non ee sim card and asks for "SIM network unlock pin" if you to ee help page about locked phones with the imei it says its unlocked well as i said this is exactly the same as the original one, eventually  i managed to get from a member of ee staff ,who originally said it wasn't an ee lock, she game me a code which unlocked it  , but managed to use it for about 2 years before it failed last week. the new phone is locked exactly the same way but ee again cant get a unlock code and fob me of with its not locked , why is everything an uphill struggle, a normal ee sim card works fine i have tried three giffgaff sim cards they all request the same code, all the carriers are showing up in the carrier list please does anyone know how to get this code 

20 REPLIES 20

Well it's nice saying customer help will be able to help , but I already tried that ,I am surprised you or technical can't help me directly ,I'm not sure an unusable IMEI is private information so I should ring customer support again, so what is a perso lock and what is the type of code the phone is looking it's technical name , STAC PUK NUK PUC thanks Adam 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ADAMHOOPS0,

I'm sorry that we're unable to access your account via the community to help with this.

An unlock code is referred to as an NUC (Network Unlock Code).

Hope this helps.

James

Mobile phone companies are now banned from selling customers locked handsets, under new Ofcom rules that come into force today.

Some companies have still been selling mobile phones that can’t be used on other networks, unless they are unlocked. But this can be complicated for customers and cost around £10 too.

Our research shows that more than a third of people who decided against switching said having to get a handset unlocked put them off changing provider. This means they could be missing out on a better deal.

And almost half of customers who try to unlock their phone have difficulties doing so - including long delays or loss of service.

So we have brought in new rules that come into force today, and mean mobile companies are now banned from selling locked phones. This will make it easier for people to move to a different network with their existing handset, hassle-free.

Any mobile customers who want to change provider can take advantage of the simple text-to-switch process, where you can now get the code you need by simply sending a free text message.

Ok Katie so how should I contact them if I call the helpline mobile number it says enter IMEI number then says it s unlocked and hangs up on me , I insert a EE SIM card I can trick the system and get through to EE on 150 by circumventing the IMEI problem , seems a deliberate way to fob me off and then they don't help anyway , I have consider port my number to EE as you have good / better coverage  , but should I be forced to change to ee I would rather spend another £150 and dump the locked one out of principle , I am self employed  I can't even imagine treating customers OR even potential customers like you do as a group  ! LAUGHABLE 

Katie_B

Hello @ADAMHOOPS0

Have you been able to call directly through to customer services rather than using the automated service?

You can find the ways to contact us on this page HERE, alternatively if you have a local EE Store near the team will also be able to help. 

Our customer care team would be able to get back in touch with our unlocking team for this to be looked into further. 

Katie

@ADAMHOOPS0 wrote:

Mobile phone companies are now banned from selling customers locked handsets, under new Ofcom rules that come into force today.

That happened in Dec. 2021, not today!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Well it's hilarious EE called me said he would be happy to help me EE rang me !!. Told him the problem he said it's not locked ,I discussed the fact that either EE technical  is incompetent or deliberately evasive , how. Can you tell me it's not locked see picture , it's LOCKED 🔒 please don't get technical support to call me and tell me it's not locked , I am more technically capable than EE staff , frankly it's worrying ,I am lost than a technology company can't help ,EE prove to me that a " perso lock is real" and give me the code PLEASE prove you are capable of a simple task 

James_B

Hi @ADAMHOOPS0,

Do you know where the handset was purchased by the original owner?

It's odd that our records don't show it as locked to EE.

James

well you can see by the image it is perso locked , i dont know what you can see at your end but this is exactly the same as the other one i bought , perso locked , first time i spoke to help told the same story , then a lovely lady from ee rang me back and gave me the code i needed i think that was about 18months ago can you see what they did 

Leanne_T

Hi @ADAMHOOPS0 

I am very sorry we have no access to your account history and what has been completed the last time this happened with another device. 

If this is still showing as locked on the device, you would need to contact us again and see if this can be investigated in more detail for you. 

Leanne.