cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pixel is a scam - again.

Pixel-is-a-scam
Contributor
Contributor

I have bought a pixel 7 pro. There is no VoLTE. There are no settings for it where Google say they should be. My sim supports VoLTE in my other phones. I'm being asked to wait for a new SIM but clearly the sim works with VoLTE and clearly the settings are missing from the menu so this looks like a ploy to get me past the return date. 

Google said every pixel 7 user would get free access to the Google One VPN. There is no such thing, they say it's "coming soon" but not before the returns window.

I had the first pixel, I was supposed to get unlimited cloud storage. It was "coming soon" for the entire 2 year life cycle. I had a pixel 3 which was supposed to get call screening. That too was "coming soon" for the entire 2 year lifecycle. Now I have no VoLTE and free VPN access which is "coming soon".

The Google pixel scam continues. How do they get away with it? 

Does anyone else get VoLTE with a pixel 7 pro on EE? 

4 REPLIES 4
Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We do now have call screen, but it's manual, not like in the U.S where it is automatic (can be set to be at least)

This is why I stayed off Google Phones for Android, I have a Pixel 4a and it took 3 years to get Call screening, In the U.S they have the option to record calls built in to the dialer, the UK does not get that luxury

Even Apple lock down stupid things to different regions, you're not safe from that even with an iPhone

raymondotango
Contributor
Contributor

It does have VoLTE. Screenshot_20221017-224743.png

I do not have that setting. Google confirm that it disappears if the handset thinks the sim or network doesn't support it. New sim arrived this morning. Still no VoLTE settings in the menu.

Enter the following into the dialpad:

*#*#4636#*#*

What do you see?