cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost recordings after update

JeffB18
Explorer

Every time I get a message to say there is a software update ready I have 5 choices - the recommended option or  factory reset whilst saving or deleting recordings.  I choose the recommended option thinking that would be safe after previously losing all my recordings. However, every time I perform an update using this recommended option all my recordings are lost. I can’t use the tv without carrying out the updates so can anyone tell me how I can do this without losing all my previous recordings?  

4 REPLIES 4
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @JeffB18 ,

Welcome to the community,

You should not lose the recordings you have, whilst updating, not sure why this is happening. What is the recommended option?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Hi thanks for responding to this problem.

I’m not 100% sure of the wording but the 5 options were along the lines of:

Update software normally (recommended)
Factory reset keeping recordings
Factory reset deleting recordings
Internet software update keeping recordings
Internet software update deleting recordings.

The first time this arose I chose the second option as I wanted to make
sure I did not lose the 100+ that I had. Result - I lost them all.

Last time (this week) I chose the first option - recommended, but still
lost all the recordings I had since the first deletion.

I have no idea why they keep being deleted 😱

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.
stereohaven
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

As a long term user of YouView powered kit I have to admit this messaging is new to me!

Usually you only see messages on keeping recordings during a box reset, a software update would normally just happen.

BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K

Those options aren't part of a software upgrade - your box is going into Maintenance Mode.

https://ee.co.uk/help/tv-sport/fix-problem/how-to-reset-your-ee-tv-box

Is there any chance any of the buttons on your box are being held in?  e.g. anything pressing up against them?  Try tapping all the buttons, in case they're stuck.  Then reboot your box by turning the power off and on - does it show the menu again?