puk code

stuartcu
Visitor

my son has damaged his phone i bought him ... so i have put his sim card in another phone and now its asking for a puk code ? how do i get it

11 REPLIES 11
XboxGamer1987
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hello @stuartcu 

UNBLOCK YOUR PHONE WITH A PUK CODE

Your phone can become blocked in a number of ways - one of them is if you enter the wrong SIM card PIN number three times in a row.

To unblock your SIM card, you will need to use something called a PUK (Personal Unblocking Key).

Remember that unblocking is different to unlocking. Read more information on unlocking your device.

How to get a PUK code

The quickest way to get a PUK code is online using My EE. We’ll show you this information whenever you need it.

Follow the steps below to get your PUK code:

1. Log in or register for My EE.

2. From the menu, select Manage device.

3. Scroll down the page where you’ll see the option Unblock SIM (PUK code).

4 Select Show PUK code >

Once you have your PUK code, enter this into your phone to unblock your SIM.

Please take care when you enter your PUK code - if you enter the wrong PUK code 10 times in a row, you will block your SIM card and we'll need to send you a new one.

More help with your PUK code

If you need more help with your PUK code, contact Customer Services on 150 or see more ways to get in touch 

@XboxGamer1987 wrote:

2. From the menu, select Manage device.

No longer exists, neither any Menu nor Manage device but if you go to Home > Plans & Subs & select eSIM/SIM Replace , then Cancel you will see the option Unlock your SIM & its PAK CODE. Someone's made a boo-boo & left it out.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
XboxGamer1987
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Oh I didn't know.

Sorry

Cant find the plans 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Sk1_ahmed1

What kind of plan are you looking for?

Are you looking to join EE?

Speak soon, 

Katie

DaleWhit
Investigator
Investigator

All the above is about getting to the PUK in the app, which I'm also attempting. Unsuccessfully.

It appears that the app changes all the time and we cannot find our way to the PUK via the EE app.

Please give up-to-date instructions on how to find your SIM PUK?

Thanks,

Dale

PS. have found that the browser-based EE will allow you to find your PUK. Go to

Home->Plans&Subscriptions->Manage Mobile-> Replace SIM->Cancel

You should now be at Account Settings (couldn't find a simpler way to get here)

https://ee.co.uk/plans-subscriptions/mobile/settings-permissions

PUK Code is displayed for the selected Mobile number down the page...

Navigation through here is a minefield. Needs work. Would also be useful to bring the Mobile app into sync with this...

@DaleWhit : You'll find the PUK, to unblock your SIM after too many incorrect PIN attempts, in your online MyEE under Home > Plans & Subs > Unlock your SIM / eSIM.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
DaleWhit
Investigator
Investigator

Note that this works only using a browser to navigate here. Doesn't work on EE app on my iPhone.

@DaleWhit : Yes. Hence I told you to use your online EE a/c.