cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM wont register

Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I’ve received a new SIM because I’ve been transferred from BT (not by choice I might add) 

The SIM isn’t registered and I’ve been on the phone to EE 3 times now and each time I’m got oh I’ve done this, I’ve done that. Wait 24 hours and it’ll register . It doesn’t work. (Wait 24 hours? How backward is that?)
Why is it so complicated?

Im paying for a service I can’t use never mind my wasted time on the phone to EE 

27 REPLIES 27
Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

So I’ve now spent another hour on the phone to tell them the original sim now appears to be working and please don’t now attempt to connected the second sim. 
I was told another story about what’s happened and was assured my second sim won’t now be connected 

Well I’m sure I know what’s going to happen…….its an absolute disgrace how they try to fib you off as if you’re some sort of fool, and they wonder why I was exasperated on the phone. 

No attempt to offer an account credit for their poor performance either 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chris_John

Was another timescale provided by the last agent you spoke with?

Katie

Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

As I said it’s all started working on the original sim. My concern now is that they will register the 2nd sim I was sent and transfer my number etc to that sim, hence my call last night to request that doesn’t happen. 
We shall see 

Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

So the saga continues 
Today 
realised I’ve been put on a capped download speed when I specifically said I needed max download. Oh so they will listen to my call and get back to me in 3 days. In the mean time how do I continue to run my business? 
EE you are an absolute shambles. How I wish I’d never agreed to be transferred to EE 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm really sorry to hear that, @Chris_John 

Please keep us posted on what happens with the investigation.
Chris

Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I did receive a call today and I was told that the recording of my conversation was listened too and I did state that I didn’t want a download cap and I’d been put on the wrong plan. The customer service guy was called Robbie and he sorted out my new plan and was very helpful. It’s just a shame that this has taken 3 weeks and a lot of frustration to finally get sorted out. 

Glad it's sorted. I still don't have a working SIM. 1st 2 sims wouldn't activate. 3rd might have done but it was for the wrong number. 4th one never turned up after 10 days. Advised to go to store as they would deffo sort it out, but they didn't tell me that I need to take a passport or driving license and the staff were dicks and just took the **bleep**. So after all the waiting for things to arrive in the post, at least 10 really boring phone calls, spending an hour driving into **bleep**ty Bradford and back, paying £4 for parking and walking a mile to get laughed at, I've just ordered a 5th SIM! EE are quality, I'll definitely be renewing my contract with them.

Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Wow and I thought I had a hard time. 
I think I’d be telling them to poke it and going elsewhere tbh 

Good luck hope it gets sorted soon (one day)