cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM wont register

Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I’ve received a new SIM because I’ve been transferred from BT (not by choice I might add) 

The SIM isn’t registered and I’ve been on the phone to EE 3 times now and each time I’m got oh I’ve done this, I’ve done that. Wait 24 hours and it’ll register . It doesn’t work. (Wait 24 hours? How backward is that?)
Why is it so complicated?

Im paying for a service I can’t use never mind my wasted time on the phone to EE 

27 REPLIES 27
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_John : Register on what? Your phone? MyEE? ....

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The SIM is unregistered. Put it in phone and it shows zero bars. Put it in router and it says unregistered 

EE technical (a term I use lightly) don’t seem to know how to register it. They play around and then say wait 24 hours and it’ll be registered (I feel this is just to fob me off)

Its complete madness and is costing me time and money 

Have you tried registering it to MyEE?

Is it on contract or PAYG?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It’s on contract. 
I can’t register it in My EE because to do that they have to text you a number and I won’t receive the number because the SIM isn’t registered 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just going round and round in circles with EE 

In the past when I’ve had new SIM’s sent (Three, BT, Vodafone) and they've already been registered. Put them in device and they work 

Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Another 19 hours has passed and who’s surprised nothing changes.

All this wait 24 hours and it’ll register is a joke and just to get me to hang up and call back again. 
I really have run out of patience with EE and can’t afford to waste anymore time on this

The guys who call themselves technical are an absolute joke and do not have a clue. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chris_John

I am sorry to hear this is happening. 

Did our tech team advise they would be back in touch or was it for you to just allow 24 hours?

Katie

Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yet another wasted 24 hours (who’s surprised nothing happened!)

contacted the “tech team” who are now sending a new SIM

Time will tell! 

I'm with you pal, having a very similar issue. I too was chucked over to EE from BT who I had a rolling contract with, they also sneakily signed me up to an 18 month contract with EE that I never asked for!

Anyway, I've been with them about a year now when 1 of the SIMs on my account just stopped working. Now I'm currently awaiting a replacement SIM for the 3rd time because EE can't figure out what the issue is and their solution is to just keep repeating themselves over and over. In the meantime my son, who is desperately trying to find his first job, can't even use his phone.

Chris_John
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well I should have the new SIM tomorrow and I’ll report back if it works. Mind you after seeing your post I’m not that hopeful. It’s madness the SIM should come registered like all other companies appear to. 
They do not appear to know what to do and as for the technical department that appears to be a joke.