cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cant send text messages anymore - getting 'not delivered' with a !

luju
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My daughter has moved to GiffGaff from another network (she kept her number) and now I can't text her, they are not even sending so it's not a receiving issue (she can send texts to me). She has contacted GiffGaff and they have done all things their end by getting in touch with her old service provider and getting things rerouted but still not working. Any ideas?

17 REPLIES 17

Hi,

Yes she has, they have done everything their end. It's not a receiving issue It seems to be a sending issue from EE phones.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @luju,

As the issue only started after the number port, and it is only affecting your daughters phone, it's very likely to be an issue with the number transfer.

Has your daughters provider raised a support ticket for her?

James

Hi,

Surely if it was a number transfer issue she wouldn't be able to receive texts at all but she can from other networks? I can also phone her from EE. My daughter spoke to them again and everything has been done their end.

James_B

Not necessarily, @luju. I'm seen cases when this has only affected certain networks in the past.

A good test would be to see if you can send texts to other users of the same network.

James

luju
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

Spent all day finding someone on Giffgaff, finally have and I can't text them either.

Katie_B

Hi @luju

Thanks for testing.

I'd recommend asking your daughter to get back in touch with her current provider and advise them that this is still not working. 

Katie

Hi, 

It's not just my daughters number though, it's other giffgaff numbers too, and everyone else on other networks other than EE can text her.

Katie_B

Hi @luju

If your number is with EE you can speak with our technical care team on 150 to see if there is a diagnostics they can run.

Katie