cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cant send text messages anymore - getting 'not delivered' with a !

luju
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My daughter has moved to GiffGaff from another network (she kept her number) and now I can't text her, they are not even sending so it's not a receiving issue (she can send texts to me). She has contacted GiffGaff and they have done all things their end by getting in touch with her old service provider and getting things rerouted but still not working. Any ideas?

17 REPLIES 17
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @luju,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

This sounds like a porting failure that will need to be investigated by your daughters current network.

James

Ok thank you, I think they have already done that but I'll tell her to get back in touch with them again.

James_B

No problem, @luju 🙂

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

When an EE user sends a text, there is a real-time check on the validity of the number. Attempting a call to the same number is a good test of this validity.

Calls go through fine, o2 can text her its just EE.

Tried with 3 different EE numbers, 1 o2 and 1 ID and only the EE ones can't send texts.

Christopher_G

Thanks, @luju 

You could try speaking to our technical support team. Are any of the EE numbers yours? Do you know if those EE numbers are able to text other Giff Gaff customers?

Chris

Hi

Yes one of the EE numbers is mine, and I don't know anyone else on giffgaff anymore, not sure if the other EE numbers know anyone else on giffgaff, I'll have to check.

James_B

Has your daughter been able to speak to her provider, @luju?

James