cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Plusnet

anne-h
Explorer

So I sent the PAC code yesterday at 14.45 and so far nothing has happened. Slightly worried as it's been over 24hours now. Anyone know how long porting is taking at the moment?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @anne-h 

Have you tried restarting your phone? If it doesn't go through by midnight tonight, it isn't likely to go through until 28th December, when porting between networks opens again.

Chris

mikej11
Explorer

Hi, I was told a week ago, by Plusnet, that I did not need to send my PAC code because they had done it for me. Yesterday, after calling Plusnet again, (and being told that the guy I was speaking to was from EE) I was told there was no need to worry, the numbers are going through, 100%. Today I get a call from EE, and I ask again why the numbers have not ported over, and was told I need to send them the PAC codes! This I did, and received a text back saying that they would be ported by 11/01/24!!

So I have to put my Plusnet sim back in over the holidays, and probably pay both companies for the same service. Will be claiming compensation under Ofcoms rules. Hope you have better luck.

Spoke to EE, they're porting it on 27/12. Told them that would mean me going into another charging period with Plusnet and they offered compensation. 

Hope you get sorted Mikej11

mikej11
Explorer

Thank you anne-h, glad you're sorted, hopefully. Have a great christmas.