Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 to EE porting

MacLee
Investigator
Investigator

I am livid. 

I transferred over from O2 (had been with them with no issues for over 15 years) because I had recently purchased a Google pixel 8 and watch and I wanted to use the LTE on my watch (only functions on EE or Vodafone). 

I ported over, 2 weeks ago, received the texts saying it was complete. Followed all the instructions. 

I could make calls and texts, can receive texts intermittently but cannot receive calls from anyone not on EE. 

Called up told it would be solved withing 48hrs. Waited, still didn't work 72hrs on. Called again told it would go to the complex team but it would take another 72hrs for them to respond. Was told I would get a call back. Never did. Still no solution. Called again, told today that the complex team had closed it as they hadn't found anything wrong. They have resent the email today and I'm apparently supposed to wait another 72 hours. 

I need access to my banking, OTP's on this number and to top it off I'm trying to sort out finances for my grandfather who passed away. Almost impossible with a phone that doesn't work!

EE's customer service response was to tell me I should consider leaving EE. Trust me I bloody am but you have my number! 

I have been on hold for hours, asked them to escalate and get told no team leaders available. I don't want to talk to them I want to talk to one of the complex team who can help with this. Other people on this forum have had the same issues dealt with in hours. Why is mine taking nearly 2 weeks with no resolution in sight!?

9 REPLIES 9
MacLee
Investigator
Investigator

I have this same issue. I transferred over 2 weeks ago. Immediately had this issue. Called up told it would be solved withing 48hrs. Waited, still didn't work 72hrs on. Called again told it would go to the complex team but it would take another 72hrs for them to respond. Was told I would get a call back. Never did. Still no solution. Called again, told today that the complex team had closed it as they hadn't found anything wrong. They have resent the email and I'm apparently supposed to wait another 72 hours. 

I need access to my banking, OTP's on this number and to top it off I'm trying to sort out finances for my grandfather who passed away. Almost impossible with a phone that doesn't work!

EE's customer service response was to tell me I should consider leaving EE. Trust me I bloody am but you have my number! 

Do you know what they did to get yours sorted?

MacLee
Investigator
Investigator

I have this same issue. I transferred over 2 weeks ago. Immediately had this issue. Called up told it would be solved withing 48hrs. Waited, still didn't work 72hrs on. Called again told it would go to the complex team but it would take another 72hrs for them to respond. Was told I would get a call back. Never did. Still no solution. Called again, told today that the complex team had closed it as they hadn't found anything wrong. They have resent the email and I'm apparently supposed to wait another 72 hours. 

Other people on here have clearly had the same issue and had it resolved in hours not weeks! 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MacLee 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened when you have ported your number to us and I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather, please accept my deepest condolences. 

The complex team will be working on this as highest priority to get this resolved for you, sometimes this can take further investigations. Once the team have an update they will be in touch to let you know. 

If you would like to raise a complaint regarding your experience and to get this looked into, please see our Make a complaint (ee.co.uk) page. 

I hope this is resolved soon for you. 

Leanne.

Apparently the complex team said there was no issue found which is why the closed it. They tried to notify me by calling me on the number, obviously not going through, and that still hasn't made them think maybe there IS a problem. 

You say they will be looking at it with the highest priority but I'm told that no one can confirm that and that despite this issue being ongoing for 2 weeks I have no guarantee of being dealt with as a priority. 

I have made a complaint, given I've been told that I'll need to get a new SIM and pay for the minutes if I want to use my phone as normal. When I've already paid for a contract I can't use. Absolutely ridiculous.

Shocked and appalled by the level of customer service. UK's best network....

Leanne_T

Hi @MacLee They will be working as quickly as possible to get this sorted for you and any other customers who have incidents raised, sorry for any confusion with my post. The team are unable to prioritise incidents raised to the team, but will be working as quickly as possible to get any open incidents looked into and resolved.

I am very sorry this is taking time to get sorted for you. 

Just to check, have the team suggested a replacement SIM card to see if this would fix this for you? 

Leanne.

No, I would assume they would need to port the number again to that new SIM?

Leanne_T

The port has been completed if the old SIM is no longer working @MacLee 

If the complex team find no problem when this is investigated again, and the port has fully completed with no errors showing at our end, the team should be able to send a replacement SIM to see if this resolves the issue for you. 

Leanne.

Thank you for that potential solution. I'll bear it in mind when they eventually get back to me.

Leanne_T

No problem @MacLee 

Please let me know how it goes when the team get back to you. 

Leanne.