cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting with EE - How to keep your number when switching mobile networks

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

If you’re porting to EE, or moving to another network, you’ll need to get a PAC or a STAC depending on if you want to keep your number.

Moving to EE?

If you’ve got a PAC from another network and you’re looking to move your number to EE, you can do this by following one of the following options:

Thinking of leaving us? Here’s how to do it.

If you are considering switching to another provider and you want to know if you would have to pay any early termination charges, you can:

Moving to a new provider and taking your mobile number with you.

If you want to switch mobile provider and keep your mobile number, you will need to request a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). You can get a PAC free of charge by following one of the following options:

If you choose to text us for your PAC, we’ll send it to you via text message. This message will include any early termination charges for terminating your contract before its end date.

A PAC will allow you to move your existing mobile number to any other UK mobile network.

Once you have given your PAC to your new provider, they will be able to switch your number the next working day.

For requests made after 17:30 on a weekday, on a weekend or bank holiday, the request will take an extra working day.

Day of transfer request 

Day of transfer

Monday

Tuesday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Thursday

Friday

Friday

Monday

Saturday & Sunday

Tuesday

About your PAC.

• Your PAC is valid for 30 days.

• We recommend you use your PAC within 26 days to prevent any delays caused by bank holidays and weekends.

• If you don't use the PAC, your account will remain open and you'll continue to be charged for services.

• If you decide you don't want to use your PAC but would still like to cancel your contract, let us know before your PAC expires.

Moving to a new provider without keeping your current mobile number.

If you want to change mobile provider and automatically cancel your current service but not keep your mobile number, you can request a Service Termination Authorisation Code (STAC).

You can get a STAC free of charge through one of the following options:

If you choose to text us for your STAC, we’ll send it to you via text message. This message will include any early termination charges for terminating your contract before its end date.

If you need to unlock your phone to use with your new provider, please head over to our unlocking page.

Got another question? Tap 'reply' to get involved.

57 REPLIES 57
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @yhfmx

If your number is not being recognized, the next step would be speaking with our customer service team. 

Katie.

Paul3891
Investigator
Investigator

I was a three customer for 2 years.

I've got a new phone today on EE but I'm keeping my previous number.  I've requested the pac code from three and I've filled out the online form on EE and got an automated email saying it takes 1 working day.  I've not received a text  message  to say the transfer  has begun?

Katie_B

Good Morning @Paul3891

Welcome to the community. 

When did you complete the online form?

Speak soon, 

Katie.

I completed yesterday at 13:30  still no text yet but the sim card with the number  I want to keep is at home and I'm at work with the new EE sim in my new phone(if that makes sense)

Katie_B

Hi @Paul3891.

If you submit the form before 5.30pm on a working day, we will endeavour to have your number transferred the following working day.

Are you able to see if your old SIM is still active?

Katie.

No, as I am currently on break at work 🙃 

Katie_B

If your number port has not completed by the end of today, please come back and let me know @Paul3891

Katie 🙂

Just got home and its just been ported over. Got a text message from three to say sorry you're  leaving and another from EE telling me to restart my phone.   

Just rang my missus mobile and it worked.  Thanks for your help Katie 👍 

Katie_B

That's great to hear @Paul3891

Take care, 

Katie 🙂

Faceache81
Visitor

I have changed networks to EE and asked to keep my old number and after I had set it up I put credit on the new sim card but will it still be there when my number changes