cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving OTP on EE since porting from O2

Tappers01
Explorer

I have been ported for 72 hours now - and I cannot access any of my banking apps on my new EE Iphone 14. This is because they all send an OTP to verify the new device - but I am not receiving them.

After spending a long time on the phone to tech support and 2nd line tech support, I am still no further forward - but the back office team are looking into the issue.

I have noticed there are many similar posts on these forums regarding OTP's after porting to EE, but no real response other than it worked after 72 hours, or that the customer has left.

I am hopeful that the EE Back office team will find the missing files from the O2 port, and everything will be wonderful. If not I have no clue where to go really - as I have ported my number - but effectively cannot buy anything on line now (verify by Visa/MC not coming through - and have no access to my banking apps.

I write this as I feel this should be flagged as a known problem as there are so may people that experience the same issue. I would never have joined EE if I knew this would be a thing, but I'll see how they do in trying to get it resolved!

Oh and for info, tried all the usual, Phone off and on, Airplane mode, Manual Network changed and put back, sim card in different phone, and yes I can get text messages from normal phone numbers. It is just the short number messages used in a OTP message - this is driving me mad!

Chris

Cambridge UK

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Tappers01

Thanks for coming here. 

Did our back office team advise that they will be in touch soon?

It would be great if you could keep us updated. 

Katie

I am having the same issue since porting last week. Is there a fix for this?

Leanne_T

Hi @MARCOSTHEBLACK 

Is your number showing correctly in your device settings? 

Is this happening with multiple companies sending OTP's? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leean,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I failed to get otp’s from .gov and we today.
I received normal messages ok.
My phone number is correct in settings.

Sent from my iPhone
Leanne_T

Thanks very much @MARCOSTHEBLACK 

In this case, please give us a call on 150 and our tech gurus will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne 🙂

AM170
Visitor

I’m having exactly the same issue, ported from 02 to EE on Friday and not receiving any short code texts from banks .gov Amazon ect. On Friday spent 1.5hrs on phone to tech front line  after waiting 20minutes for customer services to answer my call and told everything would be ok after 5pm on Saturday, however was not the case! So Saturday spent nearly 2hrs on phone with frontline team, who said give it 72hrs- this is complete joke, don’t understand why not being passed to second line team- it’s just stalling for time.

Christopher_G

Hi @AM170 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having this problem. Please keep us updated here on what happens with the technical support team.

Chris

GarethT1
Visitor

Is there a fix for this problem as I am having the same exact issue after porting from o2 to EE. 

Thanks

James_B

When did your number transfer complete, @GarethT1?

It can sometimes take a little time for the SMS gateways companies use to register the network switch.

James