cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PAYG SIM hasn't transferred old number & I can't link product to EE account

robandgrace
Investigator
Investigator

I ordered an EE PAYG SIM with a PAC code to transfer my number from Three.  I put the new SIM in my phone on Monday night (27/12/23) but it has not transferred to my old number after nearly 3 working days now.  I tried linking the number the SIM came with to my EE account but it says there's an error linking my device.  I'm stuck with the wrong number and can't check my account.  Can someone help with this please?

9 REPLIES 9
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @robandgrace,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Is your old SIM card still working?

James

The old SIM is still working if I put it in another phone

Katie_B

Hi @robandgrace

Thanks for confirming. 

When did you provide EE the PAC code from Three?

Katie

Hi @Katie_B ,

I provided it when I ordered the SIM.

My order confirmation email does state the number that I want to keep and that it will transfer within 1 working day

Rob.

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @robandgrace

I'd recommend giving us a call so our customer care team can chase the status of your number port. 

Katie

The difficulty with that is the phone is in my name but for for my daughter Grace, who is at university, and so I don't have direct access to the phone right now.

robandgrace
Investigator
Investigator

Is it possible to start a chat session with customer service somehow? 

Do I need to @Katie_B for a response?

Christopher_G

Hi @robandgrace 

I think it's going to be best if your daughter can give us a ring from her phone, if she's able to dial 150, or from another phone. If she wants to set you up as a contact on her EE account so that you can call on her behalf, she can do that too.

Contact EE

Chris