cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of number and credit to a new phone

Lynn62
Visitor

I am with EE.  Could my credit and number be transferred onto a new phone.

I would appreciate any feedback. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

The credit and number are tied to the SIM, not to the phone. Just put the SIM in the new phone and your number and credit will follow with it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lynn62 : It will if you just put your existing SIM in the new phone if it fits.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

The credit and number are tied to the SIM, not to the phone. Just put the SIM in the new phone and your number and credit will follow with it.

Unfortunately I recently dropped my phone in a river and the sim card in that phone doesn't fit into the new phone:  both ee.  Can I transfer the credit?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kingf000,

Does your new phone require a smaller SIM? If it does, it's worth checking if your old SIM is a multi SIM that allows you to press out the smaller size.

If not, our Customer Care Team will be happy to transfer your phone number and credit to the new SIM.

James