cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving EE sim to new phone

Linda146
Investigator
Investigator

I need to replace my existing phone due to some technical issues and I'm unsure how to go about it since I very rarely use a smartphone.

I currently subscribe to EE's £5 a month PAYG package. Can I buy a new sim free phone off the EE website and then put my current EE Sim card in it and, if so, would my phone number carry over as well?

Alternatively if didn't want to keep my current sim card/phone number could I just buy a new PAYG phones with new PAYG subscription from the EE website and stop topping up my existing £5 a month subscription? Would it matter that I had two different pay as you go subscriptions on my EE account?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You may transfer you SIM with its no. to any phone you like, as long as it fits & if it doesn't you can get a replacement SIM with the same no. You may find it better value & selection buying a SIM-Free phone off an online retailer like Amazon.

You can have as many PAYG SIMs on your a/c as you like.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Linda146 wrote:

hen put my current EE Sim card in it and, if so, would my phone number carry over as well?

It is the SIM which carries your number. Whichever phone your SIM is in, will have your number as a matter of course.

Linda146
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the help.  🙂

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)