Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - PAC codes.

Ciaranf91
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there.

Can you please help - looks like PAC code has moved from Sky to EE today but no service for calls or texts on either network now.

Can't even call EE To report the issue and the lovely Aimee bot tells me to call.

.it looks like the pac has completed though as my new number ending 811 is now on my app.

I've reset phone, flight mode etc - nothing has worked.

I'm using a physical sim.

Help - please!

8 REPLIES 8
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Regardless of your SIM type, when exactly did you submit your PAC to EE? If this was on a working weekday before approx 4pm, your port-in will occur the following working day.

This provides the answer to when your port-in should be happening, and it can take upto the evening of the relevant day. Split service during the day of your port-in is normal.

So I submitted the PAC yesterday evening.

Just clarifying that then  - having no service for over 2hrs thusfar is normal when the number is switching?

Thanks sofar!

bristolian
Legend
Legend

I'm unsure what you consider "evening", but if that was before approx 4pm, then your PAC was submitted yesterday and should be actioned today.

If this was after the deadline, it would be submitted today and your port-in would be tomorrow.

As I said, split-service on your port-in day is normal. Your old SIM should remain active until the new SIM takes over,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The PAC was submitted after 4pm yesterday.

I have no service whatsoever on my new or old sim though which has worried me (I've previously worked for BT tech for years..).

Hmm.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ciaranf91,

I'd recommend restarting your phone periodically while waiting for your transfer to complete.

You should receive a text on your EE SIM once it has been completed.

James

Thanks for getting back to me.

Has my account been looked into to ascertain why this might be happening if it's not due to happen until tomorrow?

I spoke to EE last night as the sim that was ordered over the phone was ordered incorrectly by one of your agents as a data only sim - this seems to be showing correctly on the app now but something feels like it's not doing what it should be doing!

I'm without all service (old provider and new!!)  which has left me feeling a little perturbed that there might be an issue.  👀 

Thanks.

@Ciaranf91 wrote:

Has my account been looked into to ascertain why this might be happening if it's not due to happen until tomorrow?

There's no individual account access on this public forum.

You can contact EE CS on 07953 966150 from any working phone, they have access to your individual account and can advise when your port-in is due to happen.

If only I had a working phone as I'm out on business until late! Sorry 😊

Looking at James job title on here. Thought he may have had such access, maybe I was wrong.

I'll sit tight and hope that tomorrow I'll have service but alas, something seems wrong! 

Oh well, not great service from EE and their legend forum users 😉