cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy a new S24 keeping existing (SIM Only) SIM Card?

Davie0
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I'm an existing EE Sim Only customer using an S10 Plus, and want to upgrade to a new S24 Ultra Contract, but keep my same phone number.

Can I do this keeping the Sim Card I already have and just get the phone sent out? Or would I need to take out the new contract and use a PAC Code or something similar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

David

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You may use the existing SIM & plan in any new device.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Davie0  if you were upgrading you will retain your number. If you’re upgrading with EE it will be a new tariff.  It you want to keep using the same tariff you’ll need to get a device yourself as EE sell phones with a tariff on contract.  You don’t just get a new phone on contract and pay for that, it includes a tariff also. 

You can purchase a device only from HERE and keep using your current tariff. 

Thanks Chris.

It's just that when I went through the process of getting the new phone yesterday, at the end it asked me if I wanted to keep my number (which I do), and to request the PAC Code.

Maybe I had went through the 'Shop' section rather than the 'Upgrade' section (if this makes any difference) and/or the fact I'm going from SIM Only to a Contract that I was met with this..

I guess giving EE a call over the phone to take out the new phone/contract and explain my situation would be my easiest option, you think?

@Davie0  Sounds like you didn’t go through the upgrade option and just went to take out a new contract as that would give you the option to use a PAC code.    If your unsure then a call to customer services would be best.,

Sounds like a good idea.

I'll have a quick look at the upgrade option online before calling customer service.

Thanks very much for your help 👍