cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Getting new phone with same provider but want to keep my old number

Anon6
Explorer

MY contract with EE ended so got a new phone and sim with EE. I set up the new phone assuming my old number would have transferred over. It didn’t and I need to keep my old number. How do I do this? I am deaf and can’t  hear on the phone so can’t phone EE. Can anyone help? Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

These contracts don't just end. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling month's notice basis until you explicitly cancel or upgrade.

You should have upgraded with EE to keep your no. but now ....

EE won't port nos between contracts. So you need to 1st port your existing no to another network's PAYG using a PAC from EE & then in reverse port it back to your new contract. This will also have the effect of cancelling your old contract.

You could alternatively "upgrade" your old contract to PAYG & then ask EE to transfer the no to your new contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Anon6,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

How did you purchase your new phone?

Thanks

James

Hi

I got it online from EE website

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Anon6,

Did you order it via the upgrades section?

If you didn't, you can organise returning the new phone here and then upgrade with your existing number.

Thanks

James

I have just upgraded asked for old number how do I change it over to my new phone

@Winston12 : An upgrade by definition cancels your old contract but keeps your no. on the new phone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)