Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send text or make calls in South Korea

Fhrnd
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Im in South Korea, and strangely I can receive texts or calls but I can't send texts or make calls.

I have enough credits on my PAYG simcard and I have no problems back in the UK.

I did select the mobile network automatically in the connections settings, and successfully register on the selected network.

My connectivity bars on the top of the screen are fine as well.

Sending any text to 150 does not work either. I get error "failed to send message"

I installed the EE app but there is no settings that allows me to troubleshoot this issue.

I dont know what to do. Please help.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You won't be able to text 150 outside EU. Same goes for calls. Can you send texts or make calls to proper nos.?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX wrote:

You won't be able to text 150 outside EU. Same goes for calls. Can you send texts or make calls to proper nos.?

No, it does not work to proper nos (uk number with +44 code)

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Fhrnd 

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you been able to make calls and send texts since arriving? 

How much credit is showing on your EE account? 

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne,

> Have you been able to make calls and send texts since arriving? 

No

How much credit is showing on your EE account? 

£20.23

Leanne_T

Thanks @Fhrnd 

Did you use the SIM card in the UK before travelling to make calls and send texts? 

Are you able to try manually connecting to a different network to see if this works for you? 

Leanne.

Did you use the SIM card in the UK before travelling to make calls and send texts? 

Yes.

Are you able to try manually connecting to a different network to see if this works for you? 

Ok I will try. But I doubt it will make a difference. Because I can receive texts and calls. This means network connectivity is not an issue at least for inbound texts/calls.

Something is blocking outbound texts/calls

I will try anyway and let you know.

There was no problem last year so I really dont understand whats different this time.

@Fhrnd wrote:

Yes.

Ok I will try. But I doubt it will make a difference. Because I can receive texts and calls. This means network connectivity is not an issue at least for inbound texts/calls.

Something is blocking outbound texts/calls

I will try anyway and let you know.

There was no problem last year so I really dont understand whats different this time.

Manual network selection did not work for the other networks except for the one I was already using. When selecting other networks, i get an error that the simcard cant connect to the selected network. Only SKTelecom is registering fine but with it, outbound texts/calls dont work

Leanne_T

Thanks for trying @Fhrnd 

In this case, our tech guides would need to get this looked into for you. 

Please call us from any other working phone or a third party calling app to get your account checked to see what could be causing this for you. Our Contact EE page, has contact details for calling from abroad.

Leanne.

I checked contact EE page already and the only way is to call EE number which I can't as I dont have any other phone with me. Is there online chat service instead that I can use to contact EE?