cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My pay as you go mobile has been turned off I’m vulnerable and disabled.

Johna67
Investigator
Investigator

Hello All,

ive got a major problem, my pay as you go mobile on EE has been deactivated, I can not make or receive calls, I can not send or receive txts, and I can not call the 150 top up line to top up, it just says welcome to EE you need to top up and then automatically cuts me off. 

Im disabled, and I can not get out of my home, I’ve missed doctors phone calls, important hospital phone calls, so many to list. I only noticed today that my phone was not receiving calls.

whats more frustrating is I can not even top up on the 150 top number, it just automatically cuts me off.

i can not call freephone numbers like the universal credit line, regarding my payments, it’s totally left me isolated and stranded.

surely before EE disconnects your number, they should make you aware that they are going to cut off your service. The worry and stress this is causing me is utterly beyond belief, I’m totally isolated and only have my sister to chat to, but unfortunately she dose not do social media, so there is no other way in contacting her.

I'm disgusted in just how a multi billion pound company has treated me.

Ive sent an email to the complaint email address, but I’ve had no response, , is there any other advice which can be given to me, on just how I resolve this, and get my mobile back up and working.

Shame on you EE,

John

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details such as your full name, as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Johna67,

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to use your phone.

Pay as you go accounts are only deactivated (hibernated) if a period of 179 days passes with no chargeable activity.

Find out more in What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it? - The EE Community.

We'd always contact you via text before this happens to check if you are still using your number.

Have you received any texts regarding this? If you haven't, there may be another reason for your loss of service.

James

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Johna67 : Sounds like your PAYG SIM has gone into hibernation.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. EE would sent you a text after 60 days of non-use to remind you to use it. 

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

James,

thankyou for your message, but it was as much help as a chocolate fire guard, I followed your advice, and I followed your link regarding mobiles being switch off. The advice on there was to call customer service on 150, but as explained in my first message I’m totally unable to call 150 it just welcomes me to EE explains I need to top up and then automatically cuts me off, I don’t get the opportunity to do anything.

so as your advice was given in good faith, it’s useless if I’m unable to contact EE, , I can not get out of my home, I’m totally stranded, so any reasonable advice would be greatly appreciated, like maybe getting hold of EE on my behalf and explaining my dreadful situation,

as I said in my first message, I can not send or receive calls txts, or even contact EE.

thanks,

john,

Thanks for trying to help, but as explained in my first message I’m unable to use my phone, including free phone numbers, it just tells me I need to top up, then automatically cuts me off, I’ve not received any message or txt or call explaining that my service will be cut off if I don’t top up. 

Im totally stranded, and out of answers on how on earth do I reconnect my mobile, when I have no service, I’ve been trying all day but to know amends, I’ve tried there online chat, but got off after 2hours of trying to explain what has happened, and that line is now closed.

if you have any other ideas on how a disabled man with chronic arthritis who can not move, and can not call EE or get hold of anyone please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

i find it utterly disgusting on what they have done, they cut you off, and don’t even allow you to contact them, at a guess my phone has been down for 2weeks, so following what you said the opportunity of reactivating it is possible,

thanks for trying to help, but unfortunately it’s not going to help.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Johna67 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened.

Do you have signal showing on your phone? 

How long ago did you last top up the account, make a chargeable call or text? 

Do you have access to any other phone at anytime to make a call to our pay as you go guides to get the account checked?

Hope to hear back from you soon. 

Leanne.

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

When a PAYG phone is hibernated, outgoing calls are automatically redirected to 150 for precisely the reason described in this thread - assuming you're still within the 3month grace period.

If you're outside that, and have not made any chargeable use for 9months, then it's standard process for your phone to be disconnected - but only after multiple warnings by text message.

The option to call from another phone is always available.